Tablet Stuck on "Turning Wi-Fi on..."

Kraderix

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a tablet new (still in the box, plastic on the screen etc) and I've had it for a few days and it's been fine up until then but earlier today its been stuck on turning on wifi. Even when the wifi switch is moved to off, it just seems to be fixated on being turned on. The model is Trio Stealth G2 and its runs android version 4.0.4. I've already done a factory reset and that hasn't worked, it's not currently with any carrier, so downloading an app fix over the play store through the internet won't be an alternate solution. Thanks in advance for any help

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Is that a hardware switch, I would try the soft switch in settings. Could you turn off your WiFi router to see if it quits once there is no signal. Kinda gotta try a bunch of stuff.

Kraderix

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Yea, i tried the switch that are in settings, the tablet doesn't have a hardware switch (that i can visually see), turning off the router doesn't work either.....I'm starting to think I'd have to get a new one

jlr1001

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I'm assuming you've tried doing a soft reset? Holding the power button down until you get the shut off dialog...

I have the same tab, and while my wifi tends to do as expected, sometimes I lose my connection if it's been in standby mode, and the way to make this reconnect with the router is to switch off the wifi card then turn it back on. This usually works, but sometimes mine gets stuck turning off wifi. It doesn't seem to change by letting it sit, but when I cycle the power, everything is back to normal.

I'd try this first before returning.