Error with USB Transfer Samsung S3

casey0323

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I am having troubles transfering files from my PC to Samsung S3. I can copy pictures from the S3 to my PC fine and I see everything - I just can't do it the other way around. Everytime I do, the thing just freezes and nothing happens and after a while it will say: Cannot copy (filename): this device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected. The camera may not support copying files from your computer.

I tried both the modes of USB (MTP and the camera thing) as well as turning on debugging. Nothing seems to resolve. Help?

Thanks!

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
You can try using Samsung Kies but shouldn?t have to.

When you connect your phone to your computer (I?m assuming it?s a Windows computer) wait for that little window to pop up and select the one that says Open folder to view files, you don?t want the media device one, or the transfer pictures option etc. You need the Open folder to view files.

This will let you see all the files on your phone. You can see and open your android device as a removable drive (look under my computer if it doesn?t pop up by itself).

This will let you copy and paste files to, and in your case, FROM YOUR COMPUTER.

That?s how awesome android phones are, and a Samsung android phones even better.

I know you love your S3 casey0323 and I bet you'll love it even more now.

Enjoy

~ Moneypenny ~

casey0323

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I do love my phone but when I copy and paste files into my phone from my computer...it just freezes and errors, exactly how I described it. Do I have to unlock it or somehow locked it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're using a USB hub, connect the phone directly to a USB jack on the computer. I've seen problems with some hubs with some phones. (I've also seen problems with some SD card readers with some computers with Android SD cards - that work just fine with cards formatted in the computer.)

Periklis Gogas

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Well it seems that ANDROID SUCKS!!! as we do all these you say and we get:

"this device has either stopped responding blah blah"

TERRIBLE!!!!!!! you cannot transfer via cable from laptop to tablet!!!!!!!!!!

Really nice...........!!!!!!

Beckemy

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I managed to connect my Galaxy S3 directly to the computer (not via an USB hub) and copied on the card, didn't try to the tablet. Copied smoothly an Ebook. afterwards copied the files to the "tablet"