Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rukbat
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Error with USB Transfer Samsung S3

Hi there,

I am having troubles transfering files from my PC to Samsung S3. I can copy pictures from the S3 to my PC fine and I see everything - I just can't do it the other way around. Everytime I do, the thing just freezes and nothing happens and after a while it will say: Cannot copy (filename): this device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected. The camera may not support copying files from your computer.

I tried both the modes of USB (MTP and the camera thing) as well as turning on debugging. Nothing seems to resolve. Help?

Thanks!

Default Re: Error with USB Transfer Samsung S3

You can try using Samsung Kies but shouldnít have to.

When you connect your phone to your computer (Iím assuming itís a Windows computer) wait for that little window to pop up and select the one that says Open folder to view files, you donít want the media device one, or the transfer pictures option etc. You need the Open folder to view files.

This will let you see all the files on your phone. You can see and open your android device as a removable drive (look under my computer if it doesnít pop up by itself).

This will let you copy and paste files to, and in your case, FROM YOUR COMPUTER.

Thatís how awesome android phones are, and a Samsung android phones even better.

I know you love your S3 casey0323 and I bet you'll love it even more now.

Enjoy

~ Moneypenny ~
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I do love my phone but when I copy and paste files into my phone from my computer...it just freezes and errors, exactly how I described it. Do I have to unlock it or somehow locked it?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Can someone please help me? No matter what computer I try, it just won't finish the transfer...

You could try reinstalling the USB drivers on your computer using this link: It's a little odd that they spelled "Android" wrong, but looking around that site, it seems otherwise legit.

Here's an article that further explains how to install, and links to the above site:

Another option is to transfer files wirelessly using . Let us know if either of these solutions works!

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

If you're using a USB hub, connect the phone directly to a USB jack on the computer. I've seen problems with some hubs with some phones. (I've also seen problems with some SD card readers with some computers with Android SD cards - that work just fine with cards formatted in the computer.)
    B. Diddy likes this.

Well it seems that ANDROID SUCKS!!! as we do all these you say and we get:

"this device has either stopped responding blah blah"

TERRIBLE!!!!!!! you cannot transfer via cable from laptop to tablet!!!!!!!!!!

Really nice...........!!!!!!