Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default PC doesn't recognize tablet through USB

Hi,
    I've googled this to no end and I'm getting annoyed trying to fix this lol.

My problem is my computer stopped recognizing my tablet as a removable device through the USB cable. I've tried every solution, like going into device manager uninstalling all the usb drives etc... I even downloaded a program to see all the usb connections. Still nothing. There is no problem with my USB ports because I can charge my tablet through USB but my PC just doesn't pick it up. I've changed the MTP and PTP settings as well.

I'm pretty sure it started after I paired my tablet to PC over bluetooth. I think that's what caused the problem. Maybe my PC want's bluetooth to trump the USB connection (even with bluetooth turned off on my device)? I tried google searching but I'm not having much luck.

I tried my wifes laptop and hers picks it up, so I've narrowed the problem to my PC.

Any Ideas or thoughts?

Global Posts
    30,944 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: PC doesn't recognize tablet through USB

Quote Originally Posted by just_the_flu View Post
    Hi,
    I've googled this to no end and I'm getting annoyed trying to fix this lol.

My problem is my computer stopped recognizing my tablet as a removable device through the USB cable. I've tried every solution, like going into device manager uninstalling all the usb drives etc... I even downloaded a program to see all the usb connections. Still nothing. There is no problem with my USB ports because I can charge my tablet through USB but my PC just doesn't pick it up. I've changed the MTP and PTP settings as well.

I'm pretty sure it started after I paired my tablet to PC over bluetooth. I think that's what caused the problem. Maybe my PC want's bluetooth to trump the USB connection (even with bluetooth turned off on my device)? I tried google searching but I'm not having much luck.

I tried my wifes laptop and hers picks it up, so I've narrowed the problem to my PC.

Any Ideas or thoughts?

Have you tried updating device drivers for your PC?

How many drives show up I'm my computer.I know in xp removable drives on udb won't show up higher than drive f I think.I have a lot of mapped network drives and had to reassign new meters.

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

yea everything's up to date...

I've been just popping out my micro sd card and using my sd reader, but thats annoying compared to just using usb cable, especially since i have it connected already to charge.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

HEY!!!

So Happy! I found my solution, or at least this worked for me.

I plugged my battery dead device in via usb to charge it and it started up automatically, installed drives now i have access to it as a removable device.

This worked for me and I hope others who experience the same problem (I know there are lots) find this of value, and that it works for them too!

flu