Help on using a galaxy s3 as an A2DP bluetooth receiver

John Gimber

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have a bluetooth audio A2DP streamer (a BTT005) which I am using to send bluetooth audio from my telly to something.

The original idea was to transmit this to my mobile phone (samsung galaxy S3), and use the normal headphones on the phone to listen to the telly quietly while I'm working late at night.

For some reason, I can't see any way to pair the a2dp transmitter with the galaxy s3.

There seems to be plenty about sending an audio stream out FROM the S3 to a receiver, but no info about configuring the phone to receive an audio stream IN to it.

Can anybody help?

(Obviously the other answer is to buy a bluetooth headset to receive the audio stream, but I thought it would be cool to use my phone as the headphones).

Thanks for any advice!

Cheers

John.

inuitF

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am using Samsung Galaxy Win i8550 (AKA. Galaxy Grand Quattro) and trying to pair my Nokia BH-108 headset. But I am facing following problems:

1. Earlier, my phone detected my device but isn't asking to enter the passcode instead displaying some code on its own and asking me to confirm, if I click cancel, it stops pairing, if I do, it will try to pair but fail because passcode was wrong.
2. Today as I try again, my phone is scanning for nearby devices, identifying all the laptops around but not my bluetooth headset (which was on)

Please can you help me make sense of what's happening?

thanks in advance.

inuitF

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I figured this out...by following steps:

1. Connect headphone (wired) set to the phone
2. Enable bluetooth
3. Switch on the bluetooth headset
4. scan for bluetooth devices on the phone
5. your headset will appear
6. Click 'pair' and DONE!

The point is if you don't connect wired headphones, this wasn't possible.

John Gimber

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, but I think you're missing the point on this one...

I don't want to find the wireless headphones, I want to find the wireless transmitter! I want to use my mobile phone / wired headphones as the "wireless headphone set".

Any ideas?

Cheers

John.

P.S. InuitF - not sure why you posted your question in the middle of my question - it isn't the same issue!

Last edited:

ballsie

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Im currently using a Galaxy Tab2 7 as my car stereo and I have been searching for a solution. I have found nothing. I want to stream audio from my iphone to my Galaxy which is mounted in my dash. My Galaxy is rooted, but I can find nothing that will accomplish this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad