Galaxy Note 8 - have problem after today's software update

canyonier

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Today, June 13, 2013 when I turned on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 tablet I had a message that an update needed to be installed. I could let it update now or in 1 hour or in 3 hrs or something like that. I clicked on "Now" and it seemed to do its thing. After the update was completed I clicked on Google and typed in "news". The familiar Google News icon appeared and I clicked on it.
At first things seemed to be normal. I saw the screen with "Top Stories" at top left, then next to it "US" and next to that "Greater San Diego", then "Technology" and so on.
"Top Stories" was highlighted and story titles appeared up and down the screen, but only for about 2 seconds. Then the story titles area went blank. I backed out of the screen and tried again, but the same thing happened.
What's going on?
I am not at all at "Techie". I'm just trying to learn the basics of using the device and now this happens.
Help? Please
Glenn

yardcoyote

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
This actually happened to me earlier in the day yesterday before the firmware update. And it's still happening-- I just checked. The site loaded normally for me on the second of four tries, but the other three ended exactly as the original poster described. Not sure it has anything to do with the firmware update, though, since it was happening to me before.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Today, June 13, 2013 when I turned on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 tablet I had a message that an update needed to be installed. I could let it update now or in 1 hour or in 3 hrs or something like that. I clicked on "Now" and it seemed to do its thing. After the update was completed I clicked on Google and typed in "news". The familiar Google News icon appeared and I clicked on it.
At first things seemed to be normal. I saw the screen with "Top Stories" at top left, then next to it "US" and next to that "Greater San Diego", then "Technology" and so on.
"Top Stories" was highlighted and story titles appeared up and down the screen, but only for about 2 seconds. Then the story titles area went blank. I backed out of the screen and tried again, but the same thing happened.
What's going on?
I am not at all at "Techie". I'm just trying to learn the basics of using the device and now this happens.
Help? Please
Glenn

Just tried google news on chrome, and yes the page loads with stories and then all goes blank. I don't think its the update seems like its the page having a problem. I can click on technology and business and they open fine, just the others that blank out or are blank to begin with. if i hit request destop site it all loads apropriately so the problem is with the mobile sites. I don't think this is a note 8 problem. I have a note 2 and the mobile site shows up different than from the note 8, different format. It though works fine. soooooooooo.........i'm not sure what that means.

anytime i can not be of help just yell....haha.

juubaker

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi
Same thing hapens with my new Note 8.0, but the page opens blank only after starting up (booting up). Same behavior with other browsers, Chrome and Firefox. After typing a URL, a Loading message opens. It I rotate the tablet, the page will show up. Also if other pages were left open and then refreshed, the page will lead fine and the problem goes away unntil the next time I shut down then restart.

John

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11