Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why do my old deleted emails keep appearing

Galaxy S3- Periodically old emails that have already been deleted show up in my in-box. How do I stop this from happening?

Global Posts
    469 Global Posts

Default Re: Why do my old deleted emails keep appearing

Are you using the Gmail app? I had this happen to me the other week after installing the Gmail update.

It was working fine then I started playing around with the settings again when it occurred. I uninstalled the updates, cleared the data and cache, then re-installed the updates and its been working fine since.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No I don't use GMAIL, using Rogers mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzers View Post
    Are you using the Gmail app? I had this happen to me the other week after installing the Gmail update.

It was working fine then I started playing around with the settings again when it occurred. I uninstalled the updates, cleared the data and cache, then re-installed the updates and its been working fine since.

I moved from a Galaxy S3 (which I never had email problems with) to a Galaxy S4. Now I have the same problem. I check my emails from my laptop every morning. Then I either marked them as read or deleted. Every so often I'll get a email notification on my GS4 phone. When I look for the new email on my phone, it turns out to be something from 10 to 14 days old. I checked my settings multiple times on my phone, but I can't seem to find a resolution. My email is through my cable company (not using Gmail).

I have the same problem.
    Please let me know if you find a solution.
    It is driving me crazy.
    Thanks
    joe

Does anyone have a resolution for this, I started another thread on this I'd like to fix his it's really annoying having the same emails popping back up

Posted via Android Central App

Same problem Galaxy S II x. Very annoying and I would like to stop the madness if anyone has a fix.

Why do my old deleted emails keep appearing:

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Me too but I think it's in the retrieval settings. gmail and hotmail has own push notification and the phone will refresh also. I don't know if its in the setting or a bug.

I had the same problem. I made sure I marked all the emails as read before deleting. After that no returning old e-mails

Quote Originally Posted by Spidermurphy View Post
    Galaxy S3- Periodically old emails that have already been deleted show up in my in-box. How do I stop this from happening?

Go to your email setting (you may have to press more settings at the bottom ). Go to incoming server settings and check delete emails from server when i delete. If you dont do that the server will keep vomiting them back to your inbox

The problem is, I think, a bit more. Yes you are right about getting the settings right so that one can, from the email app, delete messages from the server. However, the issue for me (and I think others above?) is that when I use my computer to do my email, they continue to be listed on the android email app. With my old Sprint server, when the app synced with the server, the old/deleted emails were no longer listed. The Verizon server / android email app seems not to have this ability. It's a bit of a pain to have to delete them from the app list, also.

Hope this is clear enough to focus the issue.

I have notifications from Facebook coming through to my email . I have quit Facebook on my iPad and cannot get rid of the ones there. I have tried deleting them but the still come back