Customizing custom ROMs

Puredrive

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
First post and fairly new to modding. I have an S4 as my daily driver and managed to flash the latest CM10 nightly on to the device. Its amazing its great but it sacrificing some of the Samsung software kind of sucks. Especially in the camera aspect, which IMO took a huge dip after flashing. So just wondering if there was any way to flash a ROM while leaving certain parts of the OS stock.
Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
First post and fairly new to modding. I have an S4 as my daily driver and managed to flash the latest CM10 nightly on to the device. Its amazing its great but it sacrificing some of the Samsung software kind of sucks. Especially in the camera aspect, which IMO took a huge dip after flashing. So just wondering if there was any way to flash a ROM while leaving certain parts of the OS stock.
Thanks

Welcome to the forums!
To answer your question; unless you can rewrite lines of code...no. You would have to find a ROM that has all the features you want.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
You might want to look at a touchwiz based ROM. I use CleanROM which keeps a lot of touchwiz but during the (great) install process you can pick and choose what you want (you can choose not to install s-Voice fit example). Coupled with a different launcher (I use Nova) and lockscreen (widget locker) I get a lot of benefits while losing what i don't like about touchwiz and still keeping the stuff I do, such as the camera and motion controls like Smart Stay.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma