Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default How to switch phones?

So I dropped my EVO last week and even though it still works the screen is cracked so I used my insurance to order a new one. Of course it was back ordered so it just came in. Now I need to know how do I swap everything to my new phone? The apps should just be a matter of going to the market, right? But what about photos, music and videos? What is the easiest way?

Global Posts
    673 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Jailbroken/Rooted

Default Re: How to switch phones?

Music, pics and video are usually stored on the macros card. You can use a pc to transfer from one card to another or just swap cards.

Please excuse any typos, as this was typed using my kickass Evo and Tapatalk Pro.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Got the new phone activated (once I found the little piece of paper with the instructions). Put my old sd card in and all the music and photos were there. But only a couple of apps showed up. I even tried syncing with app brain but nothing.

You may have run into the same prob that I did with AppBrain when moving from DInc to DX. The main list on AppBrain is "Apps on your phone." When you login with a new phone, you have no apps, so that list gets "updated" to reflect no apps on your phone. It makes sense, really, because if you delete an app on your phone, you wouldn't want AppBrain to provide you an update a week later. But, it kicks your **** when you're hoping to re-install everything.

I have a new DX coming next week due to a failure with my current one. So, I copied all the apps in my "on the phone" list to a new list. Then I edited it to remove stuff that I wasn't actually using. And now I am hoping that I can get that list re-installed next week when the new phone arrives.

Good luck.