Buy music from Amazon or iTunes?

Pinmac

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is in the right section but I'll ask anyway. I want to buy an album but I want to be able to share it easily between my Galaxy Note and my iPad. Also, if possible, with my 2 sons' iPods. Am I best to buy it on iTunes or Amazon? I've never bought music on Amazon before so not quite sure how it works. I would be grateful for some advice on which way to go and, if possible, the steps I should take. Thank you.

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this is in the right section but I'll ask anyway. I want to buy an album but I want to be able to share it easily between my Galaxy Note and my iPad. Also, if possible, with my 2 sons' iPods. Am I best to buy it on iTunes or Amazon? I've never bought music on Amazon before so not quite sure how it works. I would be grateful for some advice on which way to go and, if possible, the steps I should take. Thank you.

iTunes. It's AAC which is higher quality, and if you share an iTunes account, it's super easy for them to download it to their devices, no computer sync required.

Amazon. If their devices are authorized, it's easy to download purchases via Amazon music app. But here is a cool thing, a lot of their physical media is also available as a free digital download. So, if it is, I would buy the CD from Amazon. You would then have immediate access to digital downloads, and then when the physical media arrives, you are free to rip it in any format/ bit rate your heart desires.

Either service is seamless, but the slight advantage goes to Amazon, because you can download it directly to all devices using the Amazon App.

Edit: The Amazon service for digital downloads of purchased CDs is called AutoRip.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I was going to suggest Amazon for the same reason as Mr. Willie. While iTunes will go seamlessly form Apple to Apple, I have encountered several issues with iTunes to Android.

Pinmac

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
The Autorip function sounds great so I went off to Google it, only to find that it's only available in the US and I'm in the UK. So, at least for now, it still comes down to Amazon and iTunes (the album I'm after is not available on Google Play Music). I have always found iTunes difficult to understand and I don't share an account with my sons so I'm leaning towards Amazon but then I've never used that either so maybe it's better the devil you know?! If I didn't need it fairly quickly I'd be tempted to buy the CD and rip it and put a copy in iTunes and on my phone. Still confused...........

tindelk

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I use Amazon because it is easy and when you buy it on the computer you tell it to download it to Itunes plus it saves it in the Amazon cloud. You have to authorize the devices you want to access the cloud, or if an Ipod you sync it with iTunes. I don't use the Itunes cloud, so can't compare that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I only use Amazon. Plus you can get better deals as well. Recently I just bought "The Record" by Fear for $5. Way better than iTunes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2