Annoying button in lower right corner.

anon(6083013)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello all, i noticed that in Jelly Bean in some apps there is a button in the lower right corner... how do i remove it. Thanks in advance! :)
*Edit* the reason why i want it gone is becasue it's often in the way of an essential button in some apps imo

A have a Asus Padfone 2.
Screenshot_2013-06-19-22-29-28_zpsc0fde0de.png
[/URL]

Last edited:

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
That's your hamburger icon. Mmmm....hamburger....**drool**

Usually it brings up app options, such as settings and stuff. I honestly haven't seen it in that location though (although I am using a Touchwiz based ROM and that looks like it's overlaying your dock/launcher. Usually it's in the top right of apps.

What phone are you using? Any custom launchers or ROMs?

anon(6083013)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hahaha, *drool*
Anyway, i use an Asus Padfone 2 and that launcher right there was "GO Launcher EX" but i uninstalled it since i didnt liked it. I use Nova Launcher now (Now the button in the corner is gone)
But still, it appears in a decent amount of apps at that exact spot. But since it's for app options i suppose it could be moved to another location.. i don't know.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
That's your hamburger icon. Mmmm....hamburger....**drool**

Usually it brings up app options, such as settings and stuff. I honestly haven't seen it in that location though (although I am using a Touchwiz based ROM and that looks like it's overlaying your dock/launcher. Usually it's in the top right of apps.

What phone are you using? Any custom launchers or ROMs?
I almost 5#!t my pants, that was funny.

BlueMountain44, welcome to Androidcentral! Go Launcher should have an option to disable that icon or move it to a more appropriate place on the desktop. Being that you didn't like the launcher and are now using Nova, which is what I use and love as well, you may not be needing to worry abou it. For Nova, I would recommend taking advantage of the gestures (Nove Settings > Gestures) to initiate actions.

Let us know if you have any questions.

anon(6083013)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I almost 5#!t my pants, that was funny.

BlueMountain44, welcome to Androidcentral! Go Launcher should have an option to disable that icon or move it to a more appropriate place on the desktop. Being that you didn't like the launcher and are now using Nova, which is what I use and love as well, you may not be needing to worry abou it. For Nova, I would recommend taking advantage of the gestures (Nove Settings > Gestures) to initiate actions.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you, i appreciate it. Yeah, i switched to Nova because it looked simple and clean. So while looking like android the most (of all i found) it also offers alot of customization which im a fan off.

However the one and only thing i dont like about all the launchers is just that they don't have a setting where it detects when my phone turns into a tablet so it looks like a mess on my tablet part of my smartphone. Maybe there is a setting i missed? but at the same time i doubt it because because a hybrid like Asus did is very uncommon.
HBOmBhIj_Pxgen_r_630xA.jpg

Cheers

*EDIT* Alright, i figured out how to move it but it's limited how much i can actually move it. I can move it along the buttom of the screen, that's about it. But i can't remove it still.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke