Backup Nexus 4

MarkYvne

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm wondering, how exactly do I backup my Nexus 4? Like all my apps and settings, etc.
I'm wanting to root the phone, and people said to back it up first :[.
Thanks!

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Create a nandroid backup in a custom recovery (I highly recommend team win recovery projects custom recovery, it's much better built). Flash the recovery for your phone, load into the recovery and select backup in team win. Select everything except recovery to back up (cache will rebuild itself, so if you want to leave it out you can. I just add it just in case). Make sure md5 generation is selected, and swipe the slider to backup. I recommend using a flash drive and a usb connector cord, otherwise your internal memory will go down with the backup by like a gigabyte (depending on how much stuff you have on your phone).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Create a nandroid backup in a custom recovery (I highly recommend team win recovery projects custom recovery, it's much better built). Flash the recovery for your phone, load into the recovery and select backup in team win. Select everything except recovery to back up (cache will rebuild itself, so if you want to leave it out you can. I just add it just in case). Make sure md5 generation is selected, and swipe the slider to backup. I recommend using a flash drive and a usb connector cord, otherwise your internal memory will go down with the backup by like a gigabyte (depending on how much stuff you have on your phone).

MarkYvne

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

To me that looked like a bunch of gibberish :[, sorry i'm new to all this.
I used to jailbreak my ipod touch and stuff, but i'm not familiar with android at all.
I found this thing on xda developers called ultimate backup tool but i'm unsure what I had to like click. when i click full backup it says unable to connect to adb, So i'm nt sure if I have to put some files into my phone to get it to work or not :[.

AllWordNoPlay

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
To me that looked like a bunch of gibberish :[, sorry i'm new to all this.
I used to jailbreak my ipod touch and stuff, but i'm not familiar with android at all.
I found this thing on xda developers called ultimate backup tool but i'm unsure what I had to like click. when i click full backup it says unable to connect to adb, So i'm nt sure if I have to put some files into my phone to get it to work or not :[.

Don't root your phone.

It's not like the evasi0n iOS one-click "JailBreak Wizard". You should learn the factory Android system a little and maybe spend a little time using a common Linux Distro such as ubuntu/xubuntu or LinuxMINT. After a couple weeks you will A) Be addicted to Linux, you'll never want to use windows again as it will be painful and abrasive and B) You will have a better understanding of Android as it is built on the Linux Kernel. DO IT!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol