Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Default Re: How to get Google Music from Canada (As of Google's All Access service addition) walkthrough

Hmm I actually got it to work! I was using a newly created account, because my original google account has wallet merchant setting setup, so I couldn't change country to US. So on my new account just for google music, I was stuck at the credit card step, and I just added my canadian credit card just like the OP said. It was confusing because his previous step was not shown for me. I went straight into the adding credit card step. I encountered another issue though. After I clicked to pay $ 0.00, it said there was a problem. Then I searched online, and someone said clearing cache or different browser may work. I didn't use Chrome, as I hate chrome and it's not installed, so I just quickly installed it and used it. Then It just assumed that I paid, and went straight into uploading music process!

Thanks a lot for the tutorial still! Hope other people may find my experience helpful.

Default Re: How to get Google Music from Canada (As of Google's All Access service addition) walkthrough

Hey, when I use Proxmate to access music.google.com, I still get this screen, and I'm not able to go beyond. Proxmate's website says that if the extension is working, there should be a band that unfurls at the bottom of the screen, which I have, but I'm clearly still not able to access the full site. Can anyone help me with this problem?

How to get Google Music from Canada (As of Google's All Access service addition) walkthrough-1.png

Brilliant! Thank you so much! Easy to follow - but used the Hotspot Shield instead as ProxMate link wouldn't download for me. Uploading my itunes right now - again thanks for taking the time to post this

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Tan View Post
    Hey, when I use Proxmate to access music.google.com, I still get this screen, and I'm not able to go beyond. Proxmate's website says that if the extension is working, there should be a band that unfurls at the bottom of the screen, which I have, but I'm clearly still not able to access the full site. Can anyone help me with this problem?
    Same here. Looks like Google blocked their proxy. It still works for Pandora, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 43Off View Post
    Same here. Looks like Google blocked their proxy. It still works for Pandora, etc.
    Using Chrome in Incognito mode seems to do the trick.

I've tried this twice, once with my old gmail account which has had purchases through google play, and once with a new account. With the old account, I cant even get to the music page, with the other I've made it all the way to the purchasing of the free account to which I've gotten a technical error (might actually be an error). Ideally, I'd like to use my actual gmail account and so I was wondering if anyone has tried after closing their google wallet account? I noticed that you simply have to fill a form and contact someone from google (likely chat). I wonder if this would work...

Thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't get it to work. I have attached screen shots in case this helps. the curious thing is that my SO's works and he uploaded his music from America but it won't let me do it from Canada. I can head over there and do it if need be as I live in a border town. Does anyone know if I do it this way if it will still work on my device in Canada? Or is there a workaround?

Darci

How to get Google Music from Canada (As of Google's All Access service addition) walkthrough-prox-3.jpg

How to get Google Music from Canada (As of Google's All Access service addition) walkthrough-prox.jpg

How to get Google Music from Canada (As of Google's All Access service addition) walkthrough-prox-2.jpg
    Last edited by Darci Thomson; 02-14-2014 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephane Sevigny View Post
    I've tried this twice, once with my old gmail account which has had purchases through google play, and once with a new account. With the old account, I cant even get to the music page, with the other I've made it all the way to the purchasing of the free account to which I've gotten a technical error (might actually be an error). Ideally, I'd like to use my actual gmail account and so I was wondering if anyone has tried after closing their google wallet account? I noticed that you simply have to fill a form and contact someone from google (likely chat). I wonder if this would work...
    I also tried this twice : it didn't work with my usual gmail account on which I had made purchases on Google Play (after loging in at music.google.com, I got the "select territories only screen"), but it did work on a new account I created: I got to the purchase screen (6th screen), saw the technical error message (7th screen) which I hit "close", but then when I hit F5 (8th screen), the rest worked out perfectly.

I don't know about making it work with an account on which there has been purchases : even after removing the credit card attached to mine & with no remaining balance on it, I wasn't able to get past the sign-in.

In case this may help anyone else, here's what worked (and didn't) for me:
    - In the end, I used the Tor Browser Bundle to simulate being in the states (I had also downloaded a Tor Vidalia package, but didn't work out how to use it with a browser).
    * For those who are Tor newbies like me, you have to go change the "torrc" configuration file.
    * What worked go to the folder where you installed Tor Browser, then "Data/Tor/", and open "torrc" with Notepad. At the end of the file, add this new line "ExitNodes {us}". Save, close, then open the Tor Browser to start step 2.
    * What did not work in changing the "torrc" file was to add the lines "StrictExitNodes 1" or "StrictNodes 1", as many other sites had suggested.

Huge thanks to Jambamochi, I'm streaming my music on my phone as I type this!

YES! just worked from Israel, and without the second round, it activated my not-new account on the first stroke after entering a US zipcode with my name :-)
    Thanks a lot!!

Doesn't seem to work with existing accounts ... need to create a new account.

Hi,

This may be old news, but I had to create a new account and it worked like a charm.

The process also allowed me to send Google wallet to my Nexus 5 in Canada from play and Presto I have wallet working in Canada with Tap and Pay! I have both G-Mail accounts logged into my Nexus 5!

now to try and make a purchase!
    Last edited by Reagan Podelec; 03-24-2014 at 08:41 PM. Reason: forgot info

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Hi thanks! works like a charm!

Shame though I was expecting to be able to use it on my N5 after signing up successfully but it still doesn't work, I guess the service doesnt work for americans either when they leave the country? :/

I had the same problem, they may have patched it. I still can't get it to work and get the same error message

Those who did this workaround, are you still able to sign up for All Access now that it has been enabled for Canada? I did this workaround and now it seems to be stuck as a US account and can't sign up as a Canadian anymore.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123