Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Help with a Samsung Galaxy Centura

So, I recently got Straight Talk's Centura. But, there's something I'm really confused about. Whenever I plug my phone into my computer, instead showing up like it should, it just shows up as a portable device. The only options I have are to view the files in Windows Explorer (the folder is empty) or to sync files via Windows Media Player (when it opens WMP, it doesn't show as a device on the right side.) Does anyone know what to do? I just want to add music to my phone. Any help would be insanely appreciated. Thank you!

Default Re: Help with a Samsung Galaxy Centura

When you connect the phone to the computer, look at the phone's screen and swipe down the notification shade. There should be a notification for USB connection. Tap on that, and see if you have the option to select "USB Mass Storage" or "Disk Drive" (different phone brands may use different terminology). It sounds like it's currently set to MTP, which is used for the old style MP3 players.

B. Diddy, I just tried that and mine came up with MTP as default and the only other choice I had was a PTP. This is for photos, but it will transfer any file from your computer that doesn't support MTP. Thanks, great answer.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Now, I have a question. I set up my gmail up on my new Samsung Centura and I also set up another email up that I use at work. The problem is, on the non-gmail account, my inbox keeps disappearing. Is there a setup somewhere on my phone that I don't know about?

I forgot my password & I've searched all over on how to do the hard reset if you could please help me ,

Find and install latest Samsung USB drivers on your computer. Go to Google Playstore, install Kies Air and you will be able to manipulate files on your Android device.

Having problem my phone won't loud video anymore browser slow have deleted everything what else could be the problem I'm stumped.

Unhappy Re: Help with a Samsung Galaxy Centura

I am having alot of problems with this phone as far as
    Downloading videos it wont download or play most
    If any and when i go to the downloads built in app
    All it gives me is the option to delete or put them in order
    By date or size its really crappy

Phone won't play or download videos. Anyone know how to fix this?

I have a similar problem to Johnny. Except my computer won't recognize my phone on MTP or PTP.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Lynn View Post
    Phone won't play or download videos. Anyone know how to fix this?
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you talking about YouTube or some other video site?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charles_Grannemann View Post
    I am having alot of problems with this phone as far as
    Downloading videos it wont download or play most
    If any and when i go to the downloads built in app
    All it gives me is the option to delete or put them in order
    By date or size its really crappy
    Welcome to Android Central! Where are you trying to download videos from?

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan R View Post
    I have a similar problem to Johnny. Except my computer won't recognize my phone on MTP or PTP.
    Welcome to Android Central! As mentioned above, do you have the latest Samsung USB drivers installed on your computer?

I connected the phone to the computer and it's currently set to MTP> what do I need to change to stop the music playback error and get my music to play?

I connected the phone to the computer and it's currently set to MTP> what do I need to change to stop the music playback error and get my music to play?

Having trouble downloading pic messages

Quote Originally Posted by sed4444 View Post
    Having trouble downloading pic messages
    Welcome to Android Central! I assume you have a Galaxy Centura as well, correct? Which wireless provider do you use?

Make sure your mobile data connection is on (i.e., 3G or 4G). MMS messages (multimedia, like photos or videos) require mobile data to be on.

So i just bought a Samsung Galaxy Centura for straight talk. I got home, opened it up and plugged it in. The phone will not turn on. There is a battery with what looks like a loading circle of some kind inside of it. The battery and circle will come on and then off..so on and so forth. Any idea what could be possibly wrong with this phone since it is brand new right out of the box? Also, it shows the battery when it is plugged in, nothing happens when it is not.

Welcome to Android Central! How long did you hold down the power button? If your phone is completely powered down, it often takes a longer press of the button to power it on. If the phone arrived with a drained battery, you should probably leave it plugged in undisturbed for several hours before trying to power it on.

i held it down for about a minute if not longer and just the same on and off battery symbol with a loading circle... it has also been plugged in for over an hour, so it should at least show some activity of turning on if anything...

Pull the battery (if you can), then put it back in, and leave it plugged in overnight. Then try again.

Ill give it a try, thank you.

I have had my phone for a little over a month. yesterday I lost all sound on the phone and I can't figure out how to get it back. The volume is all the way up. and the sound is not on mute or vibrate. I can still hear when talking on the phone but anything that would go to the back speaker isn't being heard.

i used to be able to get picture messages then all of a sudden i cant download them it says cant download right now try again later and cant even call out it says mobile network not available i have a samsung centura just got it still not sure how to use it

I have a Samsung Galaxy Centura Straight Talk phone, and I recently did an update on it. After I updated it, the phone would turn on, but immediately freeze up and I couldn't get it to work. It wouldn't do anything. It won't even give me enough time to do the factory reset before freezing up completely. What do I do?
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Justinesull View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Centura Straight Talk phone, and I recently did an update on it. After I updated it, the phone would turn on, but immediately freeze up and I couldn't get it to work. It wouldn't do anything. It won't even give me enough time to do the factory reset before freezing up completely. What do I do?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast