Strange POP behaviour, and long distance question

teleute

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I just got an HTC Desire through Telus (running Eclair), and while I'm absolutely loving it, I have a couple of questions.

1. I have an email address set up as a POP account. (I used this same email address on my previous phone without issues.) I read my mail on the phone during the day, then in the evening I access it from my computer, downloading the messages into Thunderbird and removing them from the server. On the phone, the next time it checks that email account, I would expect it to remove the messages from my phone, as they've been deleted from the server. It doesn't, though, and I then have to delete everything a second time. I've never had to do this in any other way of accessing this email account. Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can get back to the behaviour I'm expecting?

2. Telus seems to be one of the very few carriers who won't allow a long distance call to go through without a "1" in front of it. My previous phones have had an option to automatically put a "1" in fron the numbers when dialing, but I'm not seeing anything like that. Is there any way to do this (other than just manually putting a "1" at the front of every number in the contacts)?

Thank you!

teleute

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Success!! (Or, at least half success.) I got the email behaviour I was expecting (an email was deleted off the device when deleted off the server) using K-9 instead of the stock email client. K-9 has an option "Sync remote deletions".