Setting reminder to Google Now's saved locations?

clemson77on

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I love setting location based reminders in Google Now. I can set a reminder for when I get home or the next time I'm at the grocery store. But one thing I can't figure out is how to set a reminder for the next time I'm at a saved location in Google Now. For instance, Google Now knows I go to my parents so it saved the address in Google Now and I renamed it to "My Parents". But I can't set a reminder by saying "next time at I'm at My Parents, remind me...". Is this just a limitation or is there a way to do this?

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know, as of right now you still can't do it. They also don't save reminders from Google Now in Google Keep, but reminders set in Keep are fed into Now. Google is really missing a lot of features that are IMO necessary for their reminder scheme to be useful.

Fortunately, one big advantage of Android is you aren't stuck using any one scheme for this stuff. My current project in Tasker is to make my own custom to-do list and reminder system that will allow me to set whatever locations I want and add stuff to lists through text, voice or even from other devices. I'll also have lock screen widgets that give me my to-do lists based on where I am. It won't look as polished as what Google has come up with, but I'd rather have more useful functions that work exactly how I want, anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers