1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default WIFI White Bars and Connected but Internet Does Not Work Properly

I have an LG Optimus Elite and when I first set the phone up with WIFI, the bars were green and everything worked, but then I powered the phone off and the bars turned white and my WIFI status says that I'm connected but nothing (except the browser, Skype and sometimes Youtube) works--they all mostly say "authentication required" or "not connected." I have multiple laptops, have had two iPod Touch devices, and friends' devices work just fine on my internet, but this one won't--the time/date isn't even correct.

I've rebooted the phone about 4 times and each doing different things, like signing in to Youtube with Google account, syncing my Google account, and just trying different things with the WIFI (airplane mode, turning off sleep), and I've restarted my modem and router. I logged in at a restaurant and the time was correct, but I wasn't able to check more than that. I've been searching for a fix for a few days now and nothing has worked at home.

I don't have the phone plan connected so there's nothing that I can do with the 3G connection. It's just really frustrating because I bought two of these phones (one for myself, and one for my girlfriend) and only one phone works, even though we've checked to see if all our settings were exactly the same--which they are. If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Edit: Each time I power the phone off the WIFI bars turn white and the internet doesn't work good (like I wrote above). For the amount of time that there is internet (after factory reset) the time is wrong. I forgot to mention this.

Edit 2: I cleared the Google Services Framework data and, after doing that, the WIFI works until I power the phone off and on again. I'll add more information as I try more things.
    Last edited by TheGhostgalleon; 06-30-2013 at 01:25 PM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: WIFI White Bars and Connected but Internet Does Not Work Properly

I cleared data on Google Services Framework and then force stopped the program and then powered the phone off and on and it worked. It hasn't stopped working (haven't powered it off yet), but I'll update it again if it does.

Default Re: WIFI White Bars and Connected but Internet Does Not Work Properly

The same thing has happened to me! Did you ever figure out what to do?