Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default WIFI White Bars and Connected but Internet Does Not Work Properly

I have an LG Optimus Elite and when I first set the phone up with WIFI, the bars were green and everything worked, but then I powered the phone off and the bars turned white and my WIFI status says that I'm connected but nothing (except the browser, Skype and sometimes Youtube) works--they all mostly say "authentication required" or "not connected." I have multiple laptops, have had two iPod Touch devices, and friends' devices work just fine on my internet, but this one won't--the time/date isn't even correct.

I've rebooted the phone about 4 times and each doing different things, like signing in to Youtube with Google account, syncing my Google account, and just trying different things with the WIFI (airplane mode, turning off sleep), and I've restarted my modem and router. I logged in at a restaurant and the time was correct, but I wasn't able to check more than that. I've been searching for a fix for a few days now and nothing has worked at home.

I don't have the phone plan connected so there's nothing that I can do with the 3G connection. It's just really frustrating because I bought two of these phones (one for myself, and one for my girlfriend) and only one phone works, even though we've checked to see if all our settings were exactly the same--which they are. If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Edit: Each time I power the phone off the WIFI bars turn white and the internet doesn't work good (like I wrote above). For the amount of time that there is internet (after factory reset) the time is wrong. I forgot to mention this.

Edit 2: I cleared the Google Services Framework data and, after doing that, the WIFI works until I power the phone off and on again. I'll add more information as I try more things.
    Last edited by TheGhostgalleon; 06-30-2013 at 01:25 PM.
  2. Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by kkrai1234 View Post
    i have lenovo s820 and i have same problem wifi connected but white bars and cant sign in to my gmail account, playstore,facebook,messenger when sign in it says cant establish connection check internet connection but watsapp and wechat working properly. and google chrome browser working fine websites are opening but when i tried to open google.com it open flashplayer popup message to download when i use google.co.in it working fine.
    i tried all most everything reboot system many times even did factory setting reset but same problem and i stop all google services and restart the phone but no effect.
    anyone can help plzzz...???
    (email removed)
    Welcome to Android Central! If you haven't done so already, review this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html

Are you able to connect to everything when using a different wifi network (like one at a local cafe or library)? Is it limited only to your home wifi?

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: WIFI White Bars and Connected but Internet Does Not Work Properly

I cleared data on Google Services Framework and then force stopped the program and then powered the phone off and on and it worked. It hasn't stopped working (haven't powered it off yet), but I'll update it again if it does.

The same thing has happened to me! Did you ever figure out what to do?

i have lenovo s820 and i have same problem wifi connected but white bars and cant sign in to my gmail account, playstore,facebook,messenger when sign in it says cant establish connection check internet connection but watsapp and wechat working properly. and google chrome browser working fine websites are opening but when i tried to open google.com it open flashplayer popup message to download when i use google.co.in it working fine.
    i tried all most everything reboot system many times even did factory setting reset but same problem and i stop all google services and restart the phone but no effect.
    Last edited by davidnc; 05-17-2014 at 07:19 AM. Reason: emailed removed

Quote Originally Posted by kkrai1234 View Post
    (email removed)
    Welcome to Android Central! If you haven't done so already, review this guide: [GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems

Are you able to connect to everything when using a different wifi network (like one at a local cafe or library)? Is it limited only to your home wifi?
    Last edited by davidnc; 05-17-2014 at 07:20 AM. Reason: email removed from quote

Same exact problem

I can connect to my belkin routers wifi perfectly, but CERTAIN apps dont work for instance:
    facebook
    youtube
    play store

Whatsapp works, gmail SOMETIMES works and syncs but hardly ever.. surfing with chrome works 100%, i can even get to youtube/playstore/facebook

Everything works on 3g data...

This leads me to believe my belkin is screwed! or a setting somewhere is wrong, or something! Please help me!
    I am still using the 4.2.2 version...

I have tried using a different wifi network and everything works just fine on other peoples wifi's... this belkin is lame.. also ive noticed in other forum posts, alot of the problems like this occur with belkins!

please help me someone.
    Last edited by davidnc; 05-17-2014 at 07:22 AM. Reason: email removed

ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Please do not post you emails as mentioned in the guidelines heres a quote from the guidelines showing where it shows that

Private Info - Do not post personal contact information of yourself or others. This includes email addresses, phone numbers, IMEI numbers, and addresses. If you wish to contact another member, please send them a private message. This is for your protection.
    ...and guidelines link to review the rules
    guidelines link

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    Please do not post you emails as mentioned in the guidelines heres a quote from the guidelines showing where it shows that

...and guidelines link to review the rules
    guidelines link

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Sorry about that... Is there nobody out there who can help me? Considering this problem has been around since like 2012?

ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by insinsmoomoo View Post
    Sorry about that... Is there nobody out there who can help me? Considering this problem has been around since like 2012?
    Im pretty sure someone will . Be patient , sometimes answers are not immediate this is an community forum.
    I read about that problem( a few years ago) to but forgot what the answer was. I actually dont even have a router at all so not much help on your question . Sorry

Did you try what was mentioned in post #5?

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    Im pretty sure someone will . Be patient , sometimes answers are not immediate this is an community forum.
    I read about that problem( a few years ago) to but forgot what the answer was. I actually dont even have a router at all so not much help on your question . Sorry

Did you try what was mentioned in post #5?
    Im using a stock OS that came with the phone, so im behind, and ive noticed that the wifi optimization option doesnt exist on my version, but thats the only thing in that post that could possibly be my problem.. but at the same time ive used other wifis with success, its only my belkin router at home that doesnt allow me to use facebook, gmail,youtube,store apps....

At the same time the update software feature wont work on the wifi either, so i cant even update without using 3g (which im not going to do it will cost me to much) <--- hard to explain...

ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Have you tried shutting off the router for several minutes?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

UPDATE!!!! listen up...

My routers WPA/WPA2 encryption was whack and was stopping certain apps from running!
    Ive now changed over to WEP and it works perfectly.. It seems with older crappier routers especially belkins the samsung just doesnt get along with it... so WEP... less security ... no other option!

Quote Originally Posted by insinsmoomoo View Post
    Im using a stock OS that came with the phone, so im behind, and ive noticed that the wifi optimization option doesnt exist on my version, but thats the only thing in that post that could possibly be my problem.. but at the same time ive used other wifis with success, its only my belkin router at home that doesnt allow me to use facebook, gmail,youtube,store apps....

At the same time the update software feature wont work on the wifi either, so i cant even update without using 3g (which im not going to do it will cost me to much) <--- hard to explain...

finally wat happened did the net started accessing on ur Lenovo S820?? I m facing the same problem....please reply soon....

Welcome to Android Central! Have you gone through all of the suggestions throughout this thread?