Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Trouble with the music

Hello,

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 16GB, with half of its memory gone by the courtesy of internal apps, I also bought a Sandisk 64GB MicroSD. I need this much space for my media files and books. I challenged the card's authenticity with a program called "h2testw" and it turned out ok. Then, I transferred all my songs to the card, which is about 20GB. I checked the songs' tags in the phone to see if they were alright with the programs "Music" and "Play Music" and they were all intact. Then I dumped the books, the movies and the the pics. After it the card was about 30GB full, but then the songs started to act weird. Some songs that had all of their title, album and artist tags had nothing but their file names and when I tried to play them a warning wrote "Unknown file format" or something like that showed up. These songs are all in mp3 format and when I mount and unmount the card this time other songs turn out to be "tagless". When I mount the card on my pc, songs play without a problem and with all the tags.

What might be causing this? I suspect that android may not be able to process all the data, even though it is advertised to be able to handle 64GB card. Can I fix it or will it take a firmware update?

Thank you in advance

Default Re: Trouble with the music

By any chance, does the instructions for your phone say that it requires a certain class of card? I'm just wondering if that might have something to do with it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I checked the Sandisk site and the card should be compatible with the phone.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

**** you all very much
    im done with this ****in site
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Haha dude you didn't format the sd card smh. The s4 accepts 32gb sd cards with no formatting.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

Are you upset because you didn't get a response? All you have to do is add a post to your thread asking for more help to bump it up to the top of the list. There's no need to be angry.

To address your problem, it seems that 64 GB microSD cards are associated with more problems on Android phones. One common suggestion is to try reformatting the card from exFAT to FAT32, since the former might not be entirely compatible.

Another thing to try is to use a 32 GB microSD card instead, since you only have 20 GB of music.

Quote Originally Posted by ulujedi View Post
    **** you all very much
    im done with this ****in site
    I'll take that as a request to close the thread. If you would like it reopened in the future, PM me.
    Thanked by: