Tablet, missing internal memory

ripit2

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I have android 4.0 d2-tab 7 inch tablet. Mobile one market came up with updates available. I meant to do just a couple of updates but accidentally clicked on update all, and it ran maybe 30 updates. After that, I could not install anything (some of the updates failed too). I kept getting out of space errors if I tried to install an app, or move one to the memory card with app2sd. I kind of found the problem but can not completely fix it. One partition that is for apps was about half full (its 1GB). The sd card had maybe 13GB of 16GB free. There is a second partition that is 2GB and only had about 300MB used but available space was 1.7MB. I tried 2 free cleaner apps and found about a 170MB amazon cache and a 130MB mobile 1 cache so now I have about 300MB free and the tablet works again. There is still about 1.4GB unaccounted for though. How can I find what is eating all that?

Fyi, its a 4GB tablet so there is another 1GB missing, not shown in these partitions that I assume is a hidden system partition.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have android 4.0 d2-tab 7 inch tablet. Mobile one market came up with updates available. I meant to do just a couple of updates but accidentally clicked on update all, and it ran maybe 30 updates. After that, I could not install anything (some of the updates failed too). I kept getting out of space errors if I tried to install an app, or move one to the memory card with app2sd. I kind of found the problem but can not completely fix it. One partition that is for apps was about half full (its 1GB). The sd card had maybe 13GB of 16GB free. There is a second partition that is 2GB and only had about 300MB used but available space was 1.7MB. I tried 2 free cleaner apps and found about a 170MB amazon cache and a 130MB mobile 1 cache so now I have about 300MB free and the tablet works again. There is still about 1.4GB unaccounted for though. How can I find what is eating all that?

Fyi, its a 4GB tablet so there is another 1GB missing, not shown in these partitions that I assume is a hidden system partition.

That 1.4 GB is probably just user storage space for you to put your stuff on when you dont have an sd. Although it may also be the system partition, Tablet 4.0 is pretty hefty, plus you have to account for all the system apps that may be in there.

To find out whats using up your space, you could install this app, https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...diskusage&feature=related_apps&token=a4n6DCkP

ripit2

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
That 1.4 GB is probably just user storage space for you to put your stuff on when you dont have an sd. Although it may also be the system partition, Tablet 4.0 is pretty hefty, plus you have to account for all the system apps that may be in there.

To find out whats using up your space, you could install this app, https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...diskusage&feature=related_apps&token=RJ6NQS_c

Thanks a bunch for the info. That gave me enough info to figure it out. Its 4 gig and there is a 1 gig and a 2 gig partition. I figured the forth unshown gig was android. It was the 2 gig partition missing all the space. I have another d2 tablet running 4.1 that is newer and I compared it. It only had a couple of hundred meg free, but it showed what was taking up much of the space. There was over 700MB of video. There was a factory installed 650MB video file (free movie that came with the tablet). I went hunting on the older tablet (the one with the problem) and found a bunch of music videos downloaded from yourtube (the kids use these tablets). I knew they were doing it but it never occurred to me that was the problem. It looks like that may be most of the missing space. Strange that it was in the video folder but android didn't see it as video in the storage section of settings (didn't show it at all).

Thanks again for the help.

Nestor Suasola

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
i have myphone tablet and it has 8GB memory but half of that lost i can't install any apps what can i do to get back the memory please help everyone

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean you lost the memory? It would help us if you could post a screenshot of your Settings>Storage screen so we could see if your memory is partitioned into separate App Storage and Internal Storage areas. Also, let us know the exact brand and model of your tablet.

In the meantime, review this guide and see if any of the tips help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

storage king

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I have been racking my brain wondering why my internal sdcard vanished and how to fix it and get it back . I have a allwinner tablet and its really annoying but by accident I found a fix and my storage is back, all I did was as follows I formatted an external sd card too fat 32 and put it back into the tablet and for some reason the tablet read it as damaged and asked me to reformat it, so i did on the tablet. Thecard still read as damaged but for some weird reason I regained my internal storage.
I used the damaged sd card in another allwinner tablet that was suffering with weird storage problems and guess what it fixed that too.
Maybe I am the owner of a magical sd card lol . im going to see if i can copy he damaged card to another card and if i can I might start selling them. Maybe it was a fluke but it worked.