Device Locked Up!

Jwire

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Is there any options to get back into your locked device without having to do a factory Data Reset.
I have a 3D HTC EVO. I have not created a gmail acct with google on it. What options do I have?
jwire

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Can't say 100% on this but if your speaking about it being locked up as in a PIN lock and you don't know the pin to get back in.

Yes a factory reset from the stock recovery is probably the only option I know of.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
An Android owner that claims to not have a Google account isn't going to get much support. Especially since a Google account is required to setup the phone in the first place. Add to that, a first time poster who just joined... It's a bit suspicious that you're essentially asking how to hack in to a locked device.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via TapaTalk 4 beta.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
An Android owner that claims to not have a Google account isn't going to get much support. Especially since a Google account is required to setup the phone in the first place. Add to that, a first time poster who just joined... It's a bit suspicious that you're essentially asking how to hack in to a locked device.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via TapaTalk 4 beta.
A Google account is not required to setup the device. It's only required to access Google services, such as Gmail and the Play Store -- without it though, using the phone to it's full potential is a bit difficult. I do get you point about the manner in which the OP is trying to access the device. However, we should give the benefit rather than the doubt and hope there are no bad intentions to access a locked device.

@OP, a factory reset is the only way to unlock the device. Remember that doing so will not erase the sdcard, both internal and external. So that data will not be lost.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
A Google account is not required to setup the device. It's only required to access Google services, such as Gmail and the Play Store -- without it though, using the phone to it's full potential is a bit difficult. I do get you point about the manner in which the OP is trying to access the device. However, we should give the benefit rather than the doubt and hope there are no bad intentions to access a locked device.

Yeah, okay I phrased my response a bit poorly. I've just seen too many examples of people trying to unlock their BF/GF/Spouse's/Stolen phones (especially when you see a 1st post joined the same day in reference to an old device). However, it should be noted that without setting up with a Google account, the security options to unlock the device are lost entirely. The only option is to wipe and factory reset the device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome