Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb Right Android Phone for a new Android User?

Hey!

So I have had an iPhone for a while now (about 3 years) and have only just decided to somewhat switch to Android, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with the large range of devices currently on the Market. To be completely honest before I got an iPhone I did own a HTC Wildfire, but because the phone was so slow and laggy, it put me off Android for a while. But I have decided that I want a change and it's time to get a new phone. So I was just wondering what phone would be the best for someone trying to switch! I would like a complete change. So i was thinking of either getting a Samsung Galaxy Note I or II, I have about $470 to spend and I found a Note II on a website, but would it be better to wait, or go with another device, like to LG Optimus Pro, I wouldn't mind a pretty large phone (Phablet), nothing over 6" thought. So could you please leave a suggesting, Im kinda new to this all.

Thanks a ton,
    GeekySam

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

Default Re: Right Android Phone for a new Android User?

Galaxy S4 or HTC ONE, largest and greatest. You can't go wrong.

Aloha, from my T-Mobile HTC One

Global Posts
    10,250 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Are you trying to purchase a phone off contract? What carrier are with?

You can't go wrong with the Note 2. Really, any new flagship device is going to be worth purchasing. At the end of the day it comes down to form and device UI. Have you had a chance to hold any of the new phones currently available?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    24,820 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Quote Originally Posted by geekysam View Post
    Hey!

So I have had an iPhone for a while now (about 3 years) and have only just decided to somewhat switch to Android, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with the large range of devices currently on the Market. To be completely honest before I got an iPhone I did own a HTC Wildfire, but because the phone was so slow and laggy, it put me off Android for a while. But I have decided that I want a change and it's time to get a new phone. So I was just wondering what phone would be the best for someone trying to switch! I would like a complete change. So i was thinking of either getting a Samsung Galaxy Note I or II, I have about $470 to spend and I found a Note II on a website, but would it be better to wait, or go with another device, like to LG Optimus Pro, I wouldn't mind a pretty large phone (Phablet), nothing over 6" thought. So could you please leave a suggesting, Im kinda new to this all.

Thanks a ton,
    GeekySam
    Welcome to the forums!
    If you are trying to get a phone off contract, your options based on your budget will restrict you to midrange phone. You can get a Nexus 4 off Play so long as you are on either TMo or AT&T.

But if you are using your upgrade, you won't spend that much. If this is the case, look at the HTC One, S4, Note 2, or even the Optimus.

Sent from a Carbon Galaxy S3.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

You should go with GS4
    iPad iPhone 4,4s,5,5s Nexus 7 (2013) Galaxy S4 Nexus 5 and so much more.....

GS4 has an easy mode for first time users which simplifies the interface.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thank you all for your feedback!, at the moment I live in Australia, and it seems that Mobile plans here are a lot different, for instance, I paid $0 for my iPhone 5 and I pay $40 each month for 2 years, and I have only completed 1 year. So I would like to buy a new phone as well as keep using my current plan. I will need an unlocked phone, and I found a Note II unlocked for $470, I'm also with Virgin Australia. Thanks again!

GeekySam