play store and YouTube " there was a problem with the network"

Kevin M1

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I apologize if this question has already been answered, but I've not seen this particular problem yet. I have little kids so I can't waste too much time digging through forums...

YouTube and Google play store keep giving me the problem with the network error. This occurs both when I watch a video full screen and when I hit the power button to lock the screen, it plays and finishes just fine but when I try to watch a different video or view comments or it leads suggested videos it shows up, once I hit the retry button a few times it's okay. Pretty much the same deal with play store.

I am running android 4.2.1 on my sprint/ting cdma Samsung Galaxy nexus. I've updated YouTube, I have an account attached. I did just get a new Wi-Fi router (Asus N 2.4ghz). I think the router is the likely culprit, and was wondering if there was a setting that could be changed.

I did turn the Wi-Fi optimization on my nexus off (read that could fix it). Can anyone help. I have also tried clearing all cache and data from YouTube app to no avail.

Last edited:

nicsye

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem on my HTC One!!! The same kind of thing happens in the Google+ app as well, it is very annoying because these are the two apps I use most on wifi.

Downloads and internet browsing works totally fine on wifi. It's strange how if you hit retry several times, it loads quickly and plays without interruption. Then it happens again on the next video.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I apologize if this question has already been answered, but I've not seen this particular problem yet. I have little kids so I can't waste too much time digging through forums...

YouTube and Google play store keep giving me the problem with the network error. This occurs both when I watch a video full screen and when I hit the power button to lock the screen, it plays and finishes just fine but when I try to watch a different video or view comments or it leads suggested videos it shows up, once I hit the retry button a few times it's okay. Pretty much the same deal with play store.

I am running android 4.2.1 on my sprint/ting cdma Samsung Galaxy nexus. I've updated YouTube, I have an account attached. I did just get a new Wi-Fi router (Asus N 2.4ghz). I think the router is the likely culprit, and was wondering if there was a setting that could be changed.

I did turn the Wi-Fi optimization on my nexus off (read that could fix it). Can anyone help. I have also tried clearing all cache and data from YouTube app to no avail.

See what happens if you change the router's security from WPA to WEP or vice-versa. If that doesn't help, try turning off security completely (but only temporarily), to see if the router's security in general is causing a problem.

Also try Wifi Analyzer to see which channel your router is using, and if there are a ton of other routers in the area using that same channel. If so, try changing the channel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa