Samsung Galaxy S3 "Camera Failed"

Sakis Touchsmart

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
hello... i think that this problem it is a hardware problem and not a software problem... the real problem is that the camera do not connect properly with the motherboard... try to push camera with much power and then launch the application again... it doesn't need to close or restart your phone... i figure out because sometimes appears in my screen some strange colours which means bad connection... i hope to help a lot of the people here!!

Sakis Touchsmart

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
hello... i think that this problem it is a hardware problem and not a software problem... the real problem is that the camera do not connect properly with the motherboard... take off the back cover and try to push camera with much power and then launch the application again... it doesn't need to close or restart your phone... i figure out because sometimes appears in my screen some strange colours which means bad connection... i hope to help a lot of the people here!!

Najeeb Nazari

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys
I had the same problem i did everything i update my phone but still the camera Didn’t work
Finally i install ( flash light ) on my phone then i open that app on the light then i closed
after that i opened the camera it worked and now its working if you guys already have that app in your phone delete it and install it back then open your camera will work i am saying this for 100% sure my camera is working perfect :)

Najeeb Nazari

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
hi i had the same problem but when i install ( flash light ) in my phone first i open this app and after that my camera work now its working perfect if you already have this app uninstall it then install it back and open it after that close it then go open your camera it work

Dxdine

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
It happened to me twice and i cleared the cache twice and its stopped working again and when i clear the cache now it stopped working and it keeps saying camera failed :':)'(

TGenevie

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue. I ended up uninstalling another camera app (QR/barcode scanner) and restarting my phone and the camera worked. I hope this helps!

alokey69

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I did your exact steps about 6 months ago when my camera first quit working, after I dropped it. Then my phone was only about a year and 4 months old. My camera did work but only for a few minutes. I have done just about everything to get it to work. I took it to a repair shop and the man there said it sounded like a connection problem, probably with the board. My husband has the same phone and his camera worked fine. So I took his camera and put it in my phone and put my camera in his phone. Guess what?!?! My camera works fine in his phone, but his camera only worked 2 times in my phone. So I have ordered a board with a clean ESN. I really don't know what I'm doing. But I have taken my board out and put it back in and my phone still works fine. So I am hoping that when the new one comes in it will work when I install it. My question is do I need to do anything specific to back up my contacts, messages, and pictures? I am not much of a tech person. I'm just not scared to try and fix it. :) Thank you for any help!!

TonjaNation

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
When you say to try the camera with no apps installed, do you mean camera related apps, or, downloaded apps? I'm sorry! Please clarify! Thanks! :p

John Njeru

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys. I have had this 'camera failed' problem for two days. I decided to unmount the camera lens of my old phones and then tried to launch the camera. I realized that in the two devices that I tried this with I would always get an error. Having that in mind, I was pretty sure that the error on my s3 lite was a loose connection or something close to it. I unscrewed the phone open, and then unmounted the camera lens system. Carefully I made sure that it would be firm and then fixed it onto the socket again. It is now working smart. I think anytime your device is able to report an error it is always due to hardware problems, ie physical problems.
software problems just hung your phone and it can't identify any error.
Thanks a lot. This thread really built my understanding.

Last edited:

car9999

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
OK I have the perfect fix. I have battled with this common fault (come on Samsung get your act together). Factory reset, new cameras nothing worked. Was told it was a common fault by Samsung only fix replace the phone.
Well by chance I made a call to my wife and pressed the "video call button". Camera worked instantly and so did the full camera function. It has failed again and I just repeat the video call fix.
I believe the fault is software related and should fixed by Samsung who dont seem too interested.
Hope this helps!

shermy1987

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
After performing every suggestion available on this thread including replacing the camera I came to find that if you have a corrupt camera it can take out the software. After replacing the camera unit my camera still wouldn't function. So I wiped all camera data from my phone and re installed a camera application. this worked for a day before failing again.

After realizing that the camera itself may corrupt the software I replaced the camera unit and preformed another wipe of all camera data. Camera now functions flawlessly.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7