Google Play "My Apps" problem re: preinstalled/stock apps (Samsung Galaxy S4)

texasniteowl

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Upfront Info:
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4; 32gb; MDL version
Rooted & TWRP Recovery using the CASUAL java tool
*novice* android user...this is my first android device

So I just picked up the phone last Friday the 12th at an AT&T store. At the store they walked me thru an initial setup and because I could remember the password, I used an older gmail account that is more of a throw away account and not the one I would prefer to use as the primary Google Play account.

I did some other searching and as recommended I have done a factory reset and then a cache wipe (this was prior to rooting and TWRP fwiw) and then when going thru the setup again used the preferred gmail account (aka Gmail Acct 2).

All this is fine with one exception. That is that the "My Apps" lists on the phone vs. via the web do not match specifically in regard to the preinstalled/stock apps (like BlurbCheckout, AT&T FamilyMap, Samsung Apps, down to TripAdvisor). When I enter the Play Store app on the phone and go thru Menu > My Apps, all these apps show up in the Installed & All lists. However, when I log in to gmail and then go to Play and look at My Apps, these apps are not listed. Only the 2 or 3 free apps that I've downloaded so far show up.

I've been in and out of the Google Play store both on the phone and web. I've rebooted a couple times. FWIW, it did take about 3 hrs for the apps to be listed in the Play Store on the phone but it has been over 36 hrs and they still do not show up when logged in to the web. I've done more than one sync.

Some of them show updates available, so I can presumably get some of them to show up that way if I update them but not all have updates available at the moment.

Any suggestions on what to try to get the preinstalled/stock apps to show up in both places?

Or is my next step contacting Google Play support?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Upfront Info:
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4; 32gb; MDL version
Rooted & TWRP Recovery using the CASUAL java tool
*novice* android user...this is my first android device

So I just picked up the phone last Friday the 12th at an AT&T store. At the store they walked me thru an initial setup and because I could remember the password, I used an older gmail account that is more of a throw away account and not the one I would prefer to use as the primary Google Play account.

I did some other searching and as recommended I have done a factory reset and then a cache wipe (this was prior to rooting and TWRP fwiw) and then when going thru the setup again used the preferred gmail account (aka Gmail Acct 2).

All this is fine with one exception. That is that the "My Apps" lists on the phone vs. via the web do not match specifically in regard to the preinstalled/stock apps (like BlurbCheckout, AT&T FamilyMap, Samsung Apps, down to TripAdvisor). When I enter the Play Store app on the phone and go thru Menu > My Apps, all these apps show up in the Installed & All lists. However, when I log in to gmail and then go to Play and look at My Apps, these apps are not listed. Only the 2 or 3 free apps that I've downloaded so far show up.

I've been in and out of the Google Play store both on the phone and web. I've rebooted a couple times. FWIW, it did take about 3 hrs for the apps to be listed in the Play Store on the phone but it has been over 36 hrs and they still do not show up when logged in to the web. I've done more than one sync.

Some of them show updates available, so I can presumably get some of them to show up that way if I update them but not all have updates available at the moment.

Any suggestions on what to try to get the preinstalled/stock apps to show up in both places?

Or is my next step contacting Google Play support?
Typically, pre-installed stock apps don't show up in the Play Store. If there is an update for a specific app then the carrier or manufacturer will push an update or include an update in a future firmware upgrade.

Apps that show up in the Play Store are those which are downloaded to the device from the Play Store.

texasniteowl

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Typically, pre-installed stock apps don't show up in the Play Store. If there is an update for a specific app then the carrier or manufacturer will push an update or include an update in a future firmware upgrade.

Apps that show up in the Play Store are those which are downloaded to the device from the Play Store.

Hmm...well even more oddly then, they did show up in the Play Store (via the web & phone app) when I first set up with the throw away gmail account that I don't want to use. That's why I assumed they would show up when I switched to the 2nd, real account.

But I'll stop worrying about this then and move forward...still lots more to learn and more playing to do.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith