I have a question about esn and programming on a galaxy note 2 or s3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok I have a bad esn on a galaxy s3 is there a way to program the phone with another esn which is good? Also I have a galaxy note 2 which has a good esn would I be able to buy a note 2 mother board with a bad esn and reprogram phone with my note 2 esn that is good so I can activate as a good esn? I am just trying to figure out my options... my note 2 the logic board is messed up and power button. And it's hard to find a logic board with a good esn to just swap it and I want to stay with sprint. I know people jailbreak and root and do all sorts of stuff which I don't really understand just wanted to see if anything would help me do what I want to make my phone work

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Is there any reason not to send it to Samsung for repairs/replacement or under warranty? Is the ESN "bad" because of a non-payment blacklisting or because it's stolen? Either way, between parts and whatnot, it's probably going to be a similar cost to have it repaired by professionals rather than ordering shady parts from thieves on the internet. Calling Sprint's customer support or visiting a local store should get you situated with the process for warranty work, or if it's out of warranty they may be able to recommend the cheapest and/or most reputable repair places in your area. They may still recommend sending it to Samsung for repairs though. Do you have insurance on it? If you have insurance and it was damaged by accident, that might cover a replacement with a deductible, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.