Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By prsiim
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I have an LG Optimus Zone Vs410PP need help rooting

I've truer just about everything but manually trying to.code a.root please help '4me what am I.doing.wrong???

Default Re: I have an LG Optimus Zone Vs410PP need help rooting

DID U EVER get your vs410 rooted? because im having trouble and need help.

It was fairly simple, if you know a little bit about what is going on. Here's what I did (Under Win7, already had android SDK installed):

1. Locate and download SuperOneClick v1.7 "rageagainstthecage" version (some antivirus may see it as a threat, from what I understand it is not)

2. Locate and download the Universal ADB USB Driver (https://github.com/koush/UniversalAdbDriver)

3. Install the Universal ADB driver, then browse to the install folder and edit the INF file. Add the following lines in the LG section. You may need to double-check your phone, but these were the IDs for my Optimus Zone. Save the file (elevated perms may be necessary):

%LG% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1004&PID_6244
    %LG% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1004&PID_6244&MI_04

4. Connect-up your LG, put it in debug mode. Check in "Devices and Printers" to see if the device installed properly. If it did not (yellow bang) then you will need to right-click, choose the first yellow bang (hardware ID in the properties should match the above), and click "Change Settings" then "Update Driver".

5. If you have to manually update the driver, you may have to go about it the long way. I had to click "Browse my computer..." then "Let me pick from a list..." then "Have disk..." before browsing all the way to the Universal ADB folder, plus I had to click "OK" through several warnings.

6. Once the ADB USB drivers are installed, turn off debugging on your Optimus Zone. Leave the USB connected.

7. Start SuperOneClick 1.7, choose "rageagainstthecage" in the top right, and click "root" on the left.

8. When "Waiting for device" shows up, turn on debugging on the Optimus Zone. Let SuperOneClick do its thing (takes a few minutes)

9. Once everything looks done run the test. Now, disconnect and power cycle your Optimus Zone

10. SuperUser may not work; simply update it from the Play store... the new version works like a charm

And that was all I had to do.... Good luck!
    Thanked by:
    Tannus 

hi. im new to the site. just wanted to say i got this to work by not turning off debugging.

Crossing my fingers if u can can u show me some pictures
    dandan10 likes this.

So I go into "UniversalAdbDriver/usb_driver/android_winusb.inf" and then add (%LG% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1004&PID_[DEVICE ID]
    %LG% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1004&PID_[DEVICE ID]&MI_04) how do I find my device ID?
    Thanked by:
    Tannus 

Finding the device ID depends on your operating system. If you're in a recent version of Windows, you can just connect the device, then locate the non-working device driver in "Devices & Printers", right-click on it, select "Properties", go the the Hardware tab, select it in the list and click the Properties button, go to the Details tab and choose "Hardware IDs" property. They will appear in the box on that dialog.
    Thanked by:
    Tannus 

This is my first time doing this, and I need help. When I get to installing the driver, I'm told that the driver is not compatible with Windows for x64. Any thoughts? Thank you!

I have windows 8 x64 and it works

Posted via Android Central App

I've done every thing just as describe. About to throw phone against the wall. Keeps saying su binary not found.
    Such test failed.

I wish u would help me figure this out. Judydogan@Hotmail.com only if u are willing to help. Thanx

Did you change the Device ID to your actual device's ID? I haven't attempted it yet but I got the same error before

very easy compared to some exploits ive dealt with... TY for info

I found poot-debug.apk at xda forums that rooted mine without computer. I had to try about ten times but it finally worked. Remove the battety between every retry of the app then install root checker from google store to check status between retries. Good luck!
    LG Optimus Zone vs410pp now rooted.
    Last edited by rootseeker; 03-30-2014 at 03:23 AM. Reason: misspelled word

Did anyone manage to solve the driver install problem I need the com port driver