Security problem with google play store certificate

1Ando

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
This is weird. When I use the Play Store app on my tablet, it says "no connection". I am connected to the Internet. When I use the browser to go to the Play Store, "There are problems with the security certificate for this site" and I can't get past this no matter what I do. Any else getting this?

Last edited by a moderator:

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Security problem with google play store certificate

Clear your browser and Playstore app cache. It should clear this up for your. Happens on all platforms, browsers and websites. Nothing to fret about.

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

Hmm.. On my old handset, I remember toggling a switch along the lines of "minimize mobile data use" caused me woes with my browser and the Playstore. I was not using the stock browser, and their was a setting about preventing updates on mobile airwaves that caused the whole PlayStore to tell me to take a hike even when I connected to a Wi-Fi network... Perhaps you activated something of the sort ?

dipodale

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

I am having the exact same problem on one of my two Note tablets - both run same 4.1.2 OS. On one, i can connect directly to Google Play without problem. On the other, every time i try to connect, I get a message saying
"this site's security certificate is not trusted!
You attempted to reach play.google.com but the server presented a certificate issued by an entity that is not trusted by your computer's operating system. This may mean that the server has generated its own security credentials, which Google Chrome cannot rely on for identity information, or an attacker may be trying to intercept your communications.
You cannot proceed because the website operator has requested heightened security for this domain."

When I connect via another web browser, I similarly get a message saying there is a problem with the Google Play site's security certificate - while I get no such message on the other tablet.

Anyone have any idea why would I have this error/security issue on one Android tablet but not on the other?

jeffberk

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

Make sure your date and time are correct. There is a box to check off to have date and time automatically updated. Not sure what the connection is between date/time and SSL, but correcting this fixed my problem.

Marleyne Mauri

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site

Yes, my tablet's date was showing 2011! Once I put the right date in, the problem was solved.

Carlo Borreo

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
The problem is that with the date long in the past, the security certificate of Google seems far in the future and is not accepted.
The problem also prevents access to YouTube and other Google features.

Shawna Page

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
You were right, I fixed the time and date and then everything starting working correctly no more problems with no peer certificates on anything. Thanks

Ansherina Andres

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
This is weird. When I use the Play Store app on my tablet, it says "no connection". I am connected to the Internet. When I use the browser to go to the Play Store, "There are problems with the security certificate for this site" and I can't get past this no matter what I do. Any else getting this?

glenn pinguit

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site

naresh dalvi

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
This is weird. When I use the Play Store app on my phone , it says "no connection". I am connected to the Internet. When I use the browser to go to the Play Store, "There are problems with the security certificate for this site" and I can't get past this no matter what I do. Any else getting this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12