Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

Default Gmail App frustrations

Really not liking the overall feel of the Gmail app but I have two questions that should be simple but I cannot figure them out.

1) Buy accident, within a conversation, I hit reply all, which created a draft. I want to delete that singular draft message, but I see no way of doing it, short of deleting the entire conversation or going to a computer to do it. (Come to think of it, I don't see a way to delete any of the emails within a conversation). Am I missing something on how to delete a single email within a conversation?

2) on an email thread, when I hit "previously read messages", it shows the messages in oldest to newest order, meaning I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the latest emails from a conversation. Is there a way to change the sort?

Thanks

Default Re: Gmail App frustrations

Quote Originally Posted by robjulo View Post
    1) Buy accident, within a conversation, I hit reply all, which created a draft. I want to delete that singular draft message, but I see no way of doing it, short of deleting the entire conversation or going to a computer to do it. (Come to think of it, I don't see a way to delete any of the emails within a conversation). Am I missing something on how to delete a single email within a conversation?
    • Open the message with the draft (there are various ways of locating the draft, but from what you've said, I don't think you have that problem).
    • Choose to Edit the draft.
    • While draft is open for edit, Menu -> Discard.

2) on an email thread, when I hit "previously read messages", it shows the messages in oldest to newest order, meaning I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the latest emails from a conversation. Is there a way to change the sort?
    Unfortunately, there's no way to change the sort order of a conversation. It's been requested before, but so far no joy. The only saving grace is that the older entries in the conversation are collapsed by default.
    "Some see the glass as half-empty, some see the glass as half-full. I see the glass as too big."
    - George Carlin
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

Default Re: Gmail App frustrations

Thank you, that did it.