Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

Default Gmail App frustrations

Really not liking the overall feel of the Gmail app but I have two questions that should be simple but I cannot figure them out.

1) Buy accident, within a conversation, I hit reply all, which created a draft. I want to delete that singular draft message, but I see no way of doing it, short of deleting the entire conversation or going to a computer to do it. (Come to think of it, I don't see a way to delete any of the emails within a conversation). Am I missing something on how to delete a single email within a conversation?

2) on an email thread, when I hit "previously read messages", it shows the messages in oldest to newest order, meaning I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the latest emails from a conversation. Is there a way to change the sort?

Thanks

Default Re: Gmail App frustrations

Quote Originally Posted by robjulo View Post
    1) Buy accident, within a conversation, I hit reply all, which created a draft. I want to delete that singular draft message, but I see no way of doing it, short of deleting the entire conversation or going to a computer to do it. (Come to think of it, I don't see a way to delete any of the emails within a conversation). Am I missing something on how to delete a single email within a conversation?
    • Open the message with the draft (there are various ways of locating the draft, but from what you've said, I don't think you have that problem).
    • Choose to Edit the draft.
    • While draft is open for edit, Menu -> Discard.

2) on an email thread, when I hit "previously read messages", it shows the messages in oldest to newest order, meaning I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the latest emails from a conversation. Is there a way to change the sort?
    Unfortunately, there's no way to change the sort order of a conversation. It's been requested before, but so far no joy. The only saving grace is that the older entries in the conversation are collapsed by default.
    robjulo likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

Default Re: Gmail App frustrations

Thank you, that did it.