Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry "Saving screenshot..." message WILL NOT GO AWAY in notification bar (Droid Razr MAXX)

I'm using a Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx w/ the latest updates, all that jazz. I tried to take a screenshot, and the "saving screenshot" message, along with the picture of the screenshot, just stays there. I've tried rebooting, nothing.

I've had this problem with another app and all I had to do was go to "manage apps", find it, and clear the data on it. So wouldn't it work if I did that on the app that takes screenshots? I have no idea which one it is though.

Big thanks to whoever can help me fix this, it's extremely annoying and actually making me angry.

Global Posts
    30,945 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: "Saving screenshot..." message WILL NOT GO AWAY in notification bar (Droid Razr MAXX)

Quote Originally Posted by TasteTheMeatNotTheHeat View Post
    I'm using a Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx w/ the latest updates, all that jazz. I tried to take a screenshot, and the "saving screenshot" message, along with the picture of the screenshot, just stays there. I've tried rebooting, nothing.

I've had this problem with another app and all I had to do was go to "manage apps", find it, and clear the data on it. So wouldn't it work if I did that on the app that takes screenshots? I have no idea which one it is though.

Big thanks to whoever can help me fix this, it's extremely annoying and actually making me angry.
    Welcome to the forums!
    Have you tried opening up the notification drawer and swiping that specific notification to the left or right?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: "Saving screenshot..." message WILL NOT GO AWAY in notification bar (Droid Razr MAXX)

Thank you!

Yes, I have tried, but it will not swipe away.

Global Posts
    30,945 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Thank you!

Yes, I have tried, but it will not swipe away.
    Clearing the cache on gallery? Or a restart?

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Global Posts
    13,120 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Can you select the notification to see the screenshot? If you can, save or delete the screenshot then resturn to the home screen and see if the notification is still there.

If that does not work then try a reboot; you didn't mention it so I'm guessing one has not be tried. Let us know how it goes.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Okay, I just managed to fix it myself, but thanks for your help everyone! I tried taking another screenshot, but it did the same thing. I tried taking ANOTHER screenshot, and it fixed itself.

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Can you select the notification to see the screenshot? If you can, save or delete the screenshot then resturn to the home screen and see if the notification is still there.

If that does not work then try a reboot; you didn't mention it so I'm guessing one has not be tried. Let us know how it goes.
    I actually said I tried rebooting in my first post to no avail, but thanks for the other suggestion!

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Try going into 'Manage Apps' and force closing the app 'System UI'. THIS WILL RESET YOUR WALLPAPER!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app

I'm on a Droid Turbo, and I've been having this problem quite frequently. The issue is that it fails to take the screenshot - the failure is what bothers me, not the notification. Any idea how to fix this?

I have a similar issue, only it keeps recurring after I get rid of it. What I mean is, if I take a screen shot, the notification freezes there stating "saving screenshot" forever until I reboot. Usually prior to this I could easily swipe it away, but it doesn't swipe anymore. So, I reboot and it goes away, but then I take another screenshot and it happens again.
    I want it to stop completely do I do a factory reset? I really did not want to.
    Perhaps I'll try wiping the cache partition.