"Saving screenshot..." message WILL NOT GO AWAY in notification bar (Droid Razr MAXX)

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx w/ the latest updates, all that jazz. I tried to take a screenshot, and the "saving screenshot" message, along with the picture of the screenshot, just stays there. I've tried rebooting, nothing.

I've had this problem with another app and all I had to do was go to "manage apps", find it, and clear the data on it. So wouldn't it work if I did that on the app that takes screenshots? I have no idea which one it is though.

Big thanks to whoever can help me fix this, it's extremely annoying and actually making me angry.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx w/ the latest updates, all that jazz. I tried to take a screenshot, and the "saving screenshot" message, along with the picture of the screenshot, just stays there. I've tried rebooting, nothing.

I've had this problem with another app and all I had to do was go to "manage apps", find it, and clear the data on it. So wouldn't it work if I did that on the app that takes screenshots? I have no idea which one it is though.

Big thanks to whoever can help me fix this, it's extremely annoying and actually making me angry.

Welcome to the forums!
Have you tried opening up the notification drawer and swiping that specific notification to the left or right?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Can you select the notification to see the screenshot? If you can, save or delete the screenshot then resturn to the home screen and see if the notification is still there.

If that does not work then try a reboot; you didn't mention it so I'm guessing one has not be tried. Let us know how it goes.

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I just managed to fix it myself, but thanks for your help everyone! I tried taking another screenshot, but it did the same thing. I tried taking ANOTHER screenshot, and it fixed itself.

Can you select the notification to see the screenshot? If you can, save or delete the screenshot then resturn to the home screen and see if the notification is still there.

If that does not work then try a reboot; you didn't mention it so I'm guessing one has not be tried. Let us know how it goes.

I actually said I tried rebooting in my first post to no avail, but thanks for the other suggestion!

joelvin

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Try going into 'Manage Apps' and force closing the app 'System UI'. THIS WILL RESET YOUR WALLPAPER!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app

sahilt

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm on a Droid Turbo, and I've been having this problem quite frequently. The issue is that it fails to take the screenshot - the failure is what bothers me, not the notification. Any idea how to fix this?

amouraube

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site

I have a similar issue, only it keeps recurring after I get rid of it. What I mean is, if I take a screen shot, the notification freezes there stating "saving screenshot" forever until I reboot. Usually prior to this I could easily swipe it away, but it doesn't swipe anymore. So, I reboot and it goes away, but then I take another screenshot and it happens again.
I want it to stop completely do I do a factory reset? I really did not want to.
Perhaps I'll try wiping the cache partition.

Yagge

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site

I had this problem on my old device, now I just got it again, and the screenshot is what annoys me. But for the notification, try holding your finger on the notification, then an info icon should appear, press it and it takes you to the app settings of the screenshot app. Then select "Force Stop". Works for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay