Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By edistopre
  • 1 Post By kachun135
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New tablet not compatible with Adobe flash player !! HELP !!

Hey guys I recently bought the following tablet

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (GT-P5210)
    Android version: 4.2.2

I have just realised that Adobe flash player is no longer supporting Android 4.2.2 products......I have already looked at those manually installing flash player instructions by looking through archived flash players on Adobe website (so dont bother forwarding me links in this area).....Can someone give me a hand on this situation ? because I really want to be able to watch videos on browsers on my new tablet..

Thanks

Bobby

Default Re: New tablet not compatible with Adobe flash player !! HELP !!

I have already looked at those manually installing flash player instructions by looking through archived flash players on Adobe website (so dont bother forwarding me links in this area)
    And what went wrong ?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

and it still doesnt work.....as in I can install adobe flash player...but videos that requires flash to play on a browser is still remaining blank or requesting my device to get adobe flash......Ive tried and checked that flash is enabled on varies browsers e.g. firefox chrome boat etc

Well, it works for me on a phone with Jelly Bean 4.2.2. I use it with Dolphin browser...

Are you certain your browser's options are set to enable Flash support ?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

yup i have...and it still doesnt work...

What version of the Flash package did you install ?

I'm using Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.69) Link:

Global Posts
    13,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Is there a flash plug in for Dolphin that needs to be installed?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Well if you want Flash support on most recent devices, you have to install it as a "sideload" using the "install from unknown source" switch in your system settings.

Flash no longer supports and develops the plugin for mobile platforms, so, technically, it's a security risk. I allowed this one item to be installed then turned the "install from unknown source" off again once it was up and running. Support for it has to be enabled in the browser one uses for it to work. I'm using Dolphiin with it and work fine.

As a question to the OP: Have you tried a re-boot of the phone after installing your Flash package ?

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

You might want to try the Puffin browser. They have a free version you can try that runs Flash in the cloud. As a bonus the browser is by far the fastest I have ever tried. It's available on the Play Store.
    Thanked by 2:
    Velma Mckoy likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I've installed the 11.1 version on my tablet....well I have left the "install from unknown source" option on ever since I tried to tackle this problem.......oh do I have to restart my device in order for the flash to work ?
    renegadeak likes this.

I don't know, honestly, just to make sure everything would work, I did restart my phone before I even tried to make it work.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

hmmmm I appreciate the help guys ......Ive downloaded Puffin Browser....it seems that it got flash working...BUT very poor quality ! The video just wouldnt play fluently....so i assume that I did install flash correctly....but I just couldnt get other browsers like Dolphin browser to get flash working
    Thanked by:

hmmm... I'm not giving up on this just yet.

Here's how I have it configured on my Xperia.... First, once it's installed, use the Flash settings app in the app drawer, then select to open with Dolphin broswer, just like what you can see in the lower two task tiles in the screenie below:

Then, got into the Dolphin browser settings to set just like I did. ( ../settings/web content/)

By doing so, you will have the choice on whether or not a block of flash content gets to load or not. The little arrow says it all... (Saves bandwidth)...

And voil, Flash works...

Last edited by s.g.vallee; 08-01-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Global Posts
    13,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by kachun135 View Post
    hmmmm I appreciate the help guys ......Ive downloaded Puffin Browser....it seems that it got flash working...BUT very poor quality ! The video just wouldnt play fluently....so i assume that I did install flash correctly....but I just couldnt get other browsers like Dolphin browser to get flash working
    Have you tried plugins or better signals?

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kachun135 View Post
    I installed the Puffin browser, but I have NOT installed any versions of Flash on my phone whatsoever. Flash through Puffin is working beautifully on the phone that way. Maybe there is some sort of conflict between Puffin the the Flash you have installed already? If you have not had success yet, maybe you should try Puffin alone, with no other Flash on your device.
    Thanked by 2:

Thumbs up Re: New tablet not compatible with Adobe flash player !! HELP !!

THANK YOU. Been searching for over two months for the solution. I finally am able to watch movies (amazon) on my tab. Just installed the Puffin browser and it's working........ THANK YOU

Your solution worked without a hitch...... THANK YOU...THANK YOU. U di man!!!!

I installed the flash from Adobe _archives_ (follow steps carefully!) :
    Then I installed Puffin browser from the Play store. Rebooted the device and it works.
    Firefox and Dolphin doesn't work with flash player, which is not nice.
    --jussi

I followed the above steps, however to play the flash player Puffin is asking for 1.44 per year ? Has anyone else cone up agaibst this ?

i have had the same problem, downloaded the free version of puffin and when i go to use flash player it says i must upgrade to the payed site. i also have a galaxy tab 3 (gt 5210) the 10.1 version and i noticed all the other complaints about the flash service are also with the 10.1 and not the 7/8 inch tab. i have tried lots of browsers and different ways of trying to install the flash player with no joy..... it is really doing my head in!!!

ok so after many hours of installing and uninstalling flash player archives and different browsers i finaly found one called photon flash player and browser, its not the greatest or the quickest but it worked straight away by just pushing the little lightening bolt that comes on the first window you open when starting the browser, hope this helps other galaxy tab 3 10.1 customers who are having this problem. when i tried firefox even putting it in desktop mode did not work???? very strange
    here is the link