Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default need help with Media Share can moving files from phone to computer

I used to be able to just plug the phone into the computer via USB and a drive letter would appear and I would be able to easily move files off the phone and to my computer.

Now when I plug the phone in Media Share pops up with numerous menus and sub menus. Best I've been able to figure out to do is copy one individual file at a time to some mystery folder somewhere on my network. Or using DLNA it opens up Windows Media Player on my computer which shows previews of the photos but no way to transfer the actual files.

Frusterated. Please help.

It is a Droid X
    Android version 2.3.4

Default Re: need help with Media Share can moving files from phone to computer

It started out of no where or when you updated something? Check USB cnfiguration in phone set it to MTP
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm sure its because Android updated itself.

I remember being able to change USB settings but I can no longer find a way to do that.

Media Share has a button in Copy Files Step 2 of 4 but the button is disabled, cant be pressed.

It says Current USB Mode:
    USB Mass Storage

Well with USB Mass Storage it should work anywhere... or else now is in different file system. Check how your phone is visible in device manageralso try to view disk manager in system menager (right click my computer and click "manage computer"), block device should appear there if USB Mass Storage really work

Other alternative is to use Bluetooth if you have laptop that support it to transfer files, only in convince is that everything you send eveything to bluetooth forder, you might also find some over wifi solutions in Play Store