Is there a way to share wifi with a galaxy S3?

hydude22

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I travel a lot for my job, constantly staying in hotels. I bring my Xbox with me. Connecting to hotel wifi can be a real pain, especially when you have to "log in" with the hotels username and password. What I mean by this is: The network is an unsecured network, but you have to log in on the browser. This can't be done on an Xbox. Usually I resort to just using my phones hot spot, but its a real drag on my data limit.

Here's my question: is it possible to connect to the hotels wifi on my phone and then rebroadcast that signal to my Xbox?

TL:DR
Is it possible to connect to wifi on my phone and then rebroadcast said wifi signal so that I can connect with my Xbox? I'm not sure what the proper technical term for this would be. Bridge?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, no. At least not that I'm aware of. As soon as you turn on the phone's hotspot (which you would need to connect the Xbox to it), the Wi-Fi will turn off and you'll be back on mobile data.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I travel a lot for my job, constantly staying in hotels. I bring my Xbox with me. Connecting to hotel wifi can be a real pain, especially when you have to "log in" with the hotels username and password. What I mean by this is: The network is an unsecured network, but you have to log in on the browser. This can't be done on an Xbox. Usually I resort to just using my phones hot spot, but its a real drag on my data limit.

Here's my question: is it possible to connect to the hotels wifi on my phone and then rebroadcast that signal to my Xbox?

TL:DR
Is it possible to connect to wifi on my phone and then rebroadcast said wifi signal so that I can connect with my Xbox? I'm not sure what the proper technical term for this would be. Bridge?

I am not inclined to believe so either. Also, that most likely violates Terms of Service on both hotel's wifi, and your carrier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34