1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there a way to share wifi with a galaxy S3?

I travel a lot for my job, constantly staying in hotels. I bring my Xbox with me. Connecting to hotel wifi can be a real pain, especially when you have to "log in" with the hotels username and password. What I mean by this is: The network is an unsecured network, but you have to log in on the browser. This can't be done on an Xbox. Usually I resort to just using my phones hot spot, but its a real drag on my data limit.

Here's my question: is it possible to connect to the hotels wifi on my phone and then rebroadcast that signal to my Xbox?

TLR
    Is it possible to connect to wifi on my phone and then rebroadcast said wifi signal so that I can connect with my Xbox? I'm not sure what the proper technical term for this would be. Bridge?

Default Re: Is there a way to share wifi with a galaxy S3?

Unfortunately, no. At least not that I'm aware of. As soon as you turn on the phone's hotspot (which you would need to connect the Xbox to it), the Wi-Fi will turn off and you'll be back on mobile data.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    13,801 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Is there a way to share wifi with a galaxy S3?

Quote Originally Posted by hydude22 View Post
    I travel a lot for my job, constantly staying in hotels. I bring my Xbox with me. Connecting to hotel wifi can be a real pain, especially when you have to "log in" with the hotels username and password. What I mean by this is: The network is an unsecured network, but you have to log in on the browser. This can't be done on an Xbox. Usually I resort to just using my phones hot spot, but its a real drag on my data limit.

Here's my question: is it possible to connect to the hotels wifi on my phone and then rebroadcast that signal to my Xbox?

TLR
    Is it possible to connect to wifi on my phone and then rebroadcast said wifi signal so that I can connect with my Xbox? I'm not sure what the proper technical term for this would be. Bridge?
    I am not inclined to believe so either. Also, that most likely violates Terms of Service on both hotel's wifi, and your carrier.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by: