- 1 Posts
Is there a way to share wifi with a galaxy S3?
I travel a lot for my job, constantly staying in hotels. I bring my Xbox with me. Connecting to hotel wifi can be a real pain, especially when you have to "log in" with the hotels username and password. What I mean by this is: The network is an unsecured network, but you have to log in on the browser. This can't be done on an Xbox. Usually I resort to just using my phones hot spot, but its a real drag on my data limit.
Here's my question: is it possible to connect to the hotels wifi on my phone and then rebroadcast that signal to my Xbox?
Is it possible to connect to wifi on my phone and then rebroadcast said wifi signal so that I can connect with my Xbox? I'm not sure what the proper technical term for this would be. Bridge?
- 07-30-2013, 09:28 PM #2
Re: Is there a way to share wifi with a galaxy S3?
Unfortunately, no. At least not that I'm aware of. As soon as you turn on the phone's hotspot (which you would need to connect the Xbox to it), the Wi-Fi will turn off and you'll be back on mobile data.
Posted via Android Central App
- 07-30-2013, 10:12 PM #3'From one thing, you learn a thousand things.' - From the Earth Book in the Book of Five Rings
'Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today.' - James Dean
Current Devices: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
Community Guidelines: Here
And also: Here
- By Sebofdoom in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0Replies: 40Last Post: 11-22-2013, 02:30 PM
- By PaulaO in forum Sprint Galaxy S3 AccessoriesReplies: 3Last Post: 08-01-2013, 11:32 AM
- By NealJ777 in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 4Last Post: 07-31-2013, 06:15 PM
- By gameson in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 07-31-2013, 03:46 AM
- By krighton in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 4Last Post: 07-31-2013, 02:21 AM