youtube app refresh?

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I just got my first android device (Google Nexus 7 2013) and I downloaded the app. With the IOS version, its just pull down to refresh, but with the android version I cant find a dedicated refresh button or function, is there one? If not does anyone know of a youtube app that does, its really annoying if there isn't one.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What are you trying to refresh? I've never found the need to refresh YouTube, since I'm usually searching for a specific video.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh I see. Are you sure it just doesn't update automatically? If you're able to, you could experiment by watching your Subscriptions feed and ask the person you're subscribing to to post a new video, then see how long it takes for your app to update. (You could also just make a dummy YouTube account, subscribe to it, then add a video to that dummy account and see how quickly it updates on the app.)

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, this is so weird. I have the same problem with the YouTube app on Android too. I believe it used to work by pulling down to refresh. But Google removed that because it's an Apple patented feature apparently. But it seems Google never added in alternative way to refresh the "My subscriptions" list. I found that if I go to "What to watch" and then back to "My subscriptions" it sometimes refreshes if it's been a while. But if I try to refresh it again 10 minutes later it won't. I have to exit the app, long press on the YouTube icon on my desktop, go to App Info and force stop YouTube, then start it back up. Come on Google, that can't be the way it's suppose to work?

Just blows my mind there is no refresh option in YouTube on Android.

n0ukf

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Not just Subscriptions, I started a live video stream just before it was ready and it never started once the stream was ready, and there is no way I can find to reload to start it. A page reload might also help with the stream chat. for a while I was typing but never received others' or my own messages.