Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default youtube app refresh?

Hey guys I just got my first android device (Google Nexus 7 2013) and I downloaded the app. With the IOS version, its just pull down to refresh, but with the android version I cant find a dedicated refresh button or function, is there one? If not does anyone know of a youtube app that does, its really annoying if there isn't one.

Default Re: youtube app refresh?

What are you trying to refresh? I've never found the need to refresh YouTube, since I'm usually searching for a specific video.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

My subscription feed, i'm subscribed to lots of people and probably check it like 20 times a day hahaha.

Oh I see. Are you sure it just doesn't update automatically? If you're able to, you could experiment by watching your Subscriptions feed and ask the person you're subscribing to to post a new video, then see how long it takes for your app to update. (You could also just make a dummy YouTube account, subscribe to it, then add a video to that dummy account and see how quickly it updates on the app.)

Yeah, this is so weird. I have the same problem with the YouTube app on Android too. I believe it used to work by pulling down to refresh. But Google removed that because it's an Apple patented feature apparently. But it seems Google never added in alternative way to refresh the "My subscriptions" list. I found that if I go to "What to watch" and then back to "My subscriptions" it sometimes refreshes if it's been a while. But if I try to refresh it again 10 minutes later it won't. I have to exit the app, long press on the YouTube icon on my desktop, go to App Info and force stop YouTube, then start it back up. Come on Google, that can't be the way it's suppose to work?

Just blows my mind there is no refresh option in YouTube on Android.