dolphin browser: "open in new tab" vs "select text"

daviddiiorio

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi, when using the dolphin browser I might I want to "open a link in a new tab". When I long press the link, sometime I get the correct menu, but sometimes I get the "select text" menu and I can't get the correct menu no matter what I do. I can't figure out how to choose which menu pops up. How do I do that?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi, when using the dolphin browser I might I want to "open a link in a new tab". When I long press the link, sometime I get the correct menu, but sometimes I get the "select text" menu and I can't get the correct menu no matter what I do. I can't figure out how to choose which menu pops up. How do I do that?
If you are highlighting a link the browser would automatically detect that and offer an option to open in a separat browser. If it's simply text with no link, then that option will not be provided.

daviddiiorio

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I thought, thanks. Often when I press the link I get the dreaded "select text". If I keep trying the same link it might eventually give me the option to open in a separate browser.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I thought, thanks. Often when I press the link I get the dreaded "select text". If I keep trying the same link it might eventually give me the option to open in a separate browser.

My experience is that pressing midway on the link will prevent the device from picking up the text prior to the link and offer the select text rather than open in news window option.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance