Help with LG4 Android phone!

Jovan Weismiller

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I've got an old LG4 Android phone I was given. It has no SIM card and is not connected with a service provider (I use a Blacberry as my phone). I had been using it as a 'mini tablet' with the Wi-Fi connection. The other day I turned it on, slid it up to unlock it, and tapped the icon to go to the screen from which I could access my bookmarks. What I got was a screen that reads 'Applications 0 items', below that, 'Downloads 0 items' and a moving 'Loading' icon/wheel or what have you. There it sits for as long as I leave it on. The screen is totally unresponsive to touch. I've tried removing the battery to reboot, but that doesn't work.

How can I get it out of this mode? I'd be happy to go back to default settings and re-enter all my book marks, apps, etc.

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you remove the battery, does the phone reboot normally, and bring you back to the homescreen? If so, does it function fine until you tap that bookmarks icon? In that case, go to Settings/Apps/All, and try to find the app that is responsible for the bookmarks screen. You might need to do some homework or trial & error to figure this out--I'm not familiar with the LG4, so I don't know what it might be called. Anyway once you locate that app, select it and try clearing the cache first. If that doesn't work, try clearing data.

Jovan Weismiller

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I should clarify. When I said, 'the screen from which I could access my bookmarks', what I should have said was the screen from which I could access the browser, settings, apps, etc.

Sorry 'bout that!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not familiar with that phone, but it sounds like some kind of proprietary launcher specific to that brand or phone. When you're looking in Settings/Apps/All, look for something along the lines of "LG Launcher," but be careful, because if you clear the data from the main Launcher app, that'll clear your homescreens, and you'll have to set them up again.