1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Texting and speed of phone.

When I am texting and try to type, a lot of the time it freezes up a little and it takes awhile for the words to catch up to what I'm tryping. I'm a fairly fast typer, but a phone with this kind of power should not be lagging so much.
    Also when I try to scroll up and look through my thread of messages, it shakes and just goes back to the bottom of this list. It wont let me scroll up most of the time.

Does anyone else have these problems or know how to fix them?
    If so please let me know!

Thanks!

As for the scrolling and having it go to the bottom of the list, it will do that if you receive a new message, whether it's from that person or a different one.

For you lagging question, it would help to know more... What phone are you using? Stock Android or other? Stock messaging program or other? Text messaging vs IM? Stock keyboard or other?

The texting part happens to me too. When i type fast it lags you are right this phone should not be doing it. I dont know why . I have not found a fix yet either . Im using the evo 4g Everything stock. It happens whenever i type a text or anything, web browser, notepad. using the swift keyboard beta.

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    ROM
    InsertCoin 1.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by bcbbanga4l View Post
    The texting part happens to me too. When i type fast it lags you are right this phone should not be doing it. I dont know why . I have not found a fix yet either . Im using the evo 4g Everything stock. It happens whenever i type a text or anything, web browser, notepad. using the swift keyboard beta.
    Strange, I've never had this problem on my Desire. Well, possibly when I've got something installing in the background or something, but other than that...

You guys sure you're not running something heavy in the background all the time?

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest AOKP!

Well it could be either something in the background or it could be either a T-Mobile Vibrant or At&t Captivate both galaxy s phones. From what I hear is the galaxy s phones lag is not because of touchwiz so much but the ReiserFs. I think if there was a way to run the whole 2.1 and 2.2 under ext3 which handles large files and overall a more performance filesystem.. Just have to wait for the OP to answer which phone they are running!

Cheers,
    Charlie
    Samsung Captivate - RIP 10-6-2011 Currently: Samsung Galaxy S2 i777 - Rooted, Sim Unlocked and soon to be debloated