has anyone filled up their phone's memory yet?

Spartan616

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm just wondering, has anyone filled their phone's memory yet? I mean like both internal and external (microSD) memory. I've yet to have heard anyone do that yet I've maxed out my iPod Touch's memory a few times.

For anyone that has had this happen, where do you place that extra data? Do you use a cloud service? carry an extra microSD card? set up a network? I'd like to know out of curiosity.

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm just wondering, has anyone filled their phone's memory yet? I mean like both internal and external (microSD) memory. I've yet to have heard anyone do that yet I've maxed out my iPod Touch's memory a few times.

For anyone that has had this happen, where do you place that extra data? Do you use a cloud service? carry an extra microSD card? set up a network? I'd like to know out of curiosity.
I have, but my SD card is only 4GB. I'm planning on getting a 16GB or maybe even a 32GB one when I get my next paycheck. As more and more apps are starting to include A2SD support, I don't think internal memory space will be much less of a problem soon.

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I still have not even filled up my 4 GB Card came close when I transferred a few anime videos to the card running my old bb bold 9000 but on the captivate, I have not even come close. I am planning on a 32 GB card once class 6 are available.

Cheers,
Charlie

dmc1068

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Why does the owners manual for my EVO state that I have to use the stock card? What happens if I use a reputable supermarket? Does it void the warranty?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Doubt u can fill up my X. I have 8gb internal for apps. And i have a 32gb that has 12gb used.

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Gads no. 16GB card with only 7GB or so used. There's a mail widget but out there that exponentially eats memory and triggers a 'device memory low' error message. I'm thinking that's all that happens.

Karnaj

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
@dmc1068 Nothing bad will happen too your phone SD Cards (Secure Digital) there has been a industry standard developed, which means that they are made and operate in the same way. I personally have never heard of Warranties being voided by using reputable thrid party cards. Too the subject at hand yes I have filled up my 14 gb sd card already.

Karnaj

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Shadin

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Ive filled up my sd card with music, ive been using my droid x as my music player. My internal memory still has lots of room thought.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Internal memory? Yes. Well, I've gotten the low memory warning a bunch of times, so moved a few things to my SD card, but without doing so I'd be out of memory and have a few missing apps.

I'm using an N1 so my internal memory is sorely lacking, and I was only able to move as much to my SD card as I did through hacking the phone.

Spartan616

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Well yeah it'll be almost impossible to fill up internal memory with just apps but I mean including music, videos, gaming roms, etc.

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Depends on the size of your internal memory. :p Mine only leaves 147MB to the user, rest is taken by operating system and such. I filled my SD card with PSX images and music, mainly. Filled it up quite rapidly.