Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Make display settings for new Android OS look like Gingerbread's

When I look at the display on Android devices where the OS is newer than Gingerbread, my eyes start hurting from the strain. For example, I tried updating my Tmobile G2's ROM from Gingerbread to ICS , then to Jellybean and after hours of tinkering with the display settings my eyes were still hurting. When I gave up and went back to Gingerbread, then my eyes were fine looking at the screen.

My question is: what exactly changed in the display settings in the newer version of the Android oS? Also How can I use an OS like Jellybean or ICS, but make the screen display with the brightness that was available via Gingerbread?

Much thanks for the help
    P.S. I did try the ADW Gignerbread theme, but that mainly changes the look and feel of the icons, not the display

Global Posts
    20,986 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Make display settings for new Android OS look like Gingerbread's

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Saf View Post
    When I look at the display on Android devices where the OS is newer than Gingerbread, my eyes start hurting from the strain. For example, I tried updating my Tmobile G2's ROM from Gingerbread to ICS , then to Jellybean and after hours of tinkering with the display settings my eyes were still hurting. When I gave up and went back to Gingerbread, then my eyes were fine looking at the screen.

My question is: what exactly changed in the display settings in the newer version of the Android oS? Also How can I use an OS like Jellybean or ICS, but make the screen display with the brightness that was available via Gingerbread?

Much thanks for the help
    P.S. I did try the ADW Gignerbread theme, but that mainly changes the look and feel of the icons, not the display
    Welcome to the forums!
    Unless there was a change in the refresh rate of the screen embedded in the OS, I can't think of anything you can try. Sorry.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here