Android phone with bluetooth in car?

Schulzey

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, I have a problem that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on.

I prefer to listen to internet radio like Pandora when I'm in my car but I hate messing with charging cables in my car. I have a Chevy Equinox and the center console has a powered usb port for charging phones and it connects audio to my stereo system. I didn't get the Bluetooth option with this car and I'm wondering now if there is some way to get a Bluetooth adapter so I can stream music wirelessly via Bluetooth.

There are 2 different kind of adapters I've seen for Bluetooth. The first is a usb powered Bluetooth connector for mac or pc computers. I'm assuming this device would need to install then and I have no way of installing software in my car. The next Bluetooth adapter I've seen plugs in via 1/8" aux jack which I don't have.

Would the usb powered Bluetooth connector for pc work in my car for connecting my phone to car system audio or is there another adapter I should be looking at?

Thanks!

kobe008

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I do not think the usb connector for your PC would work because your car system does not have the drivers to recognize it. You could plug it in but it will do nothing. Its too bad your car does not have an AUX jack because that is really what you need. I have the Blackberry Music Gateway for my Jeep which plugs into the AUX jack and it works great for streaming thru bluetooth. I'm afraid your only options are to continue plugging your phone into the USB port or putting a new radio in the car that has bluetooth built in. For my pickup I bought a JVC bluetooth media deck which works really well for streaming music and also for answering calls.

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Any device which will convert your signal into an fm transmission to your radio will work. They are cheap and while quality isn't audiophile worthy, it works.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12