- 2 Posts
Change default save location for pinned music on Google All Access
Is there a way to change the default storage location from the internal storage to the external 32 gb card google has now decided to make useless?
To be clear, im not talking about music I have purchased but music I am RENTING in all access.
Currently on a note2 verizon.
- 08-01-2013, 11:12 PM #2
- 08-02-2013, 05:12 PM #4
- 2,211 Posts
- 09-10-2013, 09:47 AM #5
- 1 Posts
Re: Change default save location for pinned music on Google All Access
I have a friend who accomplished this by editing the Linux boot file it uses to mount drives. This can make android think the external card is the "internal one." I don't know enough about it to give any details, but it is something you could research if you really wanted to do this (probably requires root). It would mean that everything normally on the internal storage is now external, which could slow your device some, but he reported it only was noticeable during reboot as it took a bit longer. I've been told the file to edit is at /system/etc/vold.fstab. I chose to move other things to my external card and keep the internal one free for gmusic, but thought I'd share the idea.
- By KarlDag in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 08-04-2013, 09:13 PM
- By olwogo in forum AT&T Galaxy S IIReplies: 4Last Post: 08-02-2013, 10:49 AM
- By thejuliebear in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0Replies: 1Last Post: 08-01-2013, 10:41 PM
- By Robert Astin in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 0Last Post: 08-01-2013, 09:53 PM
- By Alejv98 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 0Last Post: 08-01-2013, 09:51 PM