How can I print wirelessly?

chocolateyum

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung galaxy S4 phone. I have a very old, non-wifi printer I've connected to a usb port on my router so it's network accessible. I have no troubles printing wirelessly to that router using any laptop.

But I can't seem to do it with my phone. Is it possible to setup my phone to be able to print wirelessly to that printer?

thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a Samsung galaxy S4 phone. I have a very old, non-wifi printer I've connected to a usb port on my router so it's network accessible. I have no troubles printing wirelessly to that router using any laptop.

But I can't seem to do it with my phone. Is it possible to setup my phone to be able to print wirelessly to that printer?

thanks.

You probably can't print directly from the phone. However, you can access the files wirelessly through your computer and print from there.

WiFi file Explorer is one such app - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.dooblou.WiFiFileExplorer&token=eED6L0qV.

There's probably away to set this up differently and probably more effectively, so I'll take a look around and see if there are better solutions.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

chocolateyum

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. It was just internet pages I wanted to print. I don't have my own laptop and wanted to avoid getting one so the fifelexplore option won't work unfortunately.

Mackone3

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I use a program called Printer Share that you can download from the play store and print using your S4. However, unfortunately it's a paid app that I believe is 29.99. But it works great.

chocolateyum

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so much guys. I'm not sure how we ever lived without forums before.

I think Google cloud print is the answer. The phone is really my sisters so I haven't been able to test it out yet but reading the instructions, it should work.

chocolateyum

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
So I got google print to work in combination with the printer share app (and cloud print app).

Unfortunately, google print only works with old non-smart printers connected to the network IF you have a laptop/mac turned on at the same time as you print on the phone.

The Print share program is free for use with google printers. But like Mackone3 said, it costs a little money if you want to print directly from android phone to printer without having a pc/mac turned on. Oh well, I guess I can have laptop turned on. Don't think it's worth it for me (given my situation) to spend the extra money to direct network printing.

Some printer companies produce apps for their own printers, but mine is so old, the printer company's app didn't support it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22