Contacts and Calendar Syncing

kahj1975

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I am about to jump ship from AT&T into Verizon for the Droid 2 or Droid X, but one concern I have is leaving Blackberry, since I have found they have done the best job with resolving conflicts when syncing between different sources (meaning that it actually asks me what I want to do when a conflict arises). Does Android do this as well, or is it more like Windows Mobile, where things just get overwritten without notification? So is the syncing at least as good as with Blackberry?

Thanks,

lorsban

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Never used a Blackberry but as for syncing, I do it two ways, online and thru pc. If online, you create a google email account and sync everything there. If by pc, you could either sync thru outlook or by your manufacturer's sync system, with me, it's thru Samsung's Kies system. So far, so good. There is a third way but it's more like a backup solution, you get an app like Mybackup and you could have a backup file either online or on your sd.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Please specify what you're syncing with. That makes a huge difference. Outlook, for example, seems to be a sore spot.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Since I'm also jumping from a BB to another platform, this is something I have been looking at too.
Currently, I sync via my computer and a USB cord between my BB Tour and Outlook 2010. This is done through the new DM6 for BB.

It looks like to do the same type of sync with a Moto Droid you will need a software called Companionlink that I used for a trail period between BB and Outlook on my computer (this was during the period that BB did not sync with Outlook 2010). It worked great, but would cost 50 bucks.

You can also sync Outlook on your computer to your Google email calendar and people say this works ok. This is something I have not been able to do since I have not jumped from BB to a moto droid phone and won't until Dec.