Phone to tablet streaming help?

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Why is this so hard? I've poured over hundreds of searches and I can't find one single solution. I don't want LAN streaming at home, I want to be able to watch a movie stored on my phone on my tablet over WiFi mobile hotspot.

Bluetooth is too spotty. Apps like WiFi file explorer won't stream vids properly. I can move files but they won't stream. I'm at my wits end here.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If all of your devices were DLNA certified, then I think they would be able to stream to one another, but the problem is that not all Android devices are DLNA certified, and the ones that are can't necessarily talk to each other. For example, Acer products use their own DLNA software called ClearFi, while Samsung products use software called AllShare. If you had all Samsung products, you could probably stream from one device to the other, but I'm not sure if you can do it between different brands.

A Google Play search came up with BubbleUPnP, which might help you achieve what you're trying to do. Good luck!

Chris ayres1

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Why is this so hard? I've poured over hundreds of searches and I can't find one single solution. I don't want LAN streaming at home, I want to be able to watch a movie stored on my phone on my tablet over WiFi mobile hotspot.

Bluetooth is too spotty. Apps like WiFi file explorer won't stream vids properly. I can move files but they won't stream. I'm at my wits end here.

I too have had problems with this. What I have found is, install xbmc on xperia z and n7. Set up a connection via WiFi direct on both devices. Now with xbmc running on both devices, the contents of your xperia will be able to be streamed on your n7 :)

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys but those solutions require an existing LAN. The solution I need is for a direct connection between phone and tablet without using both devices connected to an existing LAN.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez