Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy How to recover SMS, Contacts on Android phone

Help! Need to find my deleted data from Android!

I deleted SMS, Contacts from my Android phone by mistake, they are very important! Is there any way to get it back? Your help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Global Posts
    8,519 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: How to recover SMS, Contacts on Android phone

Quote Originally Posted by cocosiy View Post
    Help! Need to find my deleted data from Android!

I deleted SMS, Contacts from my Android phone by mistake, they are very important! Is there any way to get it back? Your help will be appreciated. Thanks!
    Unfortunately SMS can't be retrieved if you didn't make a backup with an app. Contacts can be retrieved simply by logging back into your Google Account associated with your device - if you had this sync'd then contacts will load automatically once you sign back in.
    Somdk likes this.

bonjour missypink je comprends pas ! tu pourrais me dire comment tu as fait pour récupéré tes messages supprimer merci

Global Posts
    3,098 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

SMS Backup+ saves them as xml files. They're readable as-is, even if you don't restore them. You just have to ignore the xml tags. But if you restore them you get back what you backed up.

As far as contacts go, make sure that all your contacts are entered as Account contacts. (When you enter one, you have a choice of Account, Phone and, if you have a SIM card, SIM.) That way, any phone logged into that gmail account has those contacts. There's nothing "to do" - it just works that way (as long as you have sync contacts enabled for that email account.)

I ever forgot to backup my phone before resetting it to factory settings, which resulted in losing all contacts and messages. Then I downloaded the Android Phone Geeker and recovered all my contacts and messages.

I have a recommendation for you -- "MobiKin Doctor for Android",I use it to recover my Samsung phone data.including contacts,text message,photos.etc,It is work well, this is a comprehensive software.Simple, just a few will be able to quickly restore your contacts,Hope this helps!