Wifi issues and other problems

TFTab88

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
On both my Nexus 4 and Note 8, I'm having severe wifi issues. It's so slow. On my laptop, speedtest.net shows 35Mbps down, 7Mbps up. On Nexus 4 and Note 8 it's like 0.7Mbps down and 0.1Mbps up. I did the speed tests because I'm trying to download something off the Play Store and it's going 200KB/s!! Not sure what's going on because usually downloads are super fast, especially on wifi.. I can normally download a 2GB file in 10 minutes.

Other issues are "Package file is Invalid" and "Cannot download ... error 497" and "Error retrieving information from server"

This has been plaguing me for the past few days and it's really irritating. I've tried clearing data and cache for Play Store and Google Services. I've tried removing my account and adding it again. I've tried unplugging this, unplugging that, restarting this, restarting that. The ONLY thing that has worked is using mobile data instead of wifi. AND using my phone to tether so my tablet connects to the phone's mobile data and I was able to download updates that way. But right now I'm trying to download a pretty big file on my phone and I'd rather not go over my data limit.

What is this.. an issue on my end or is this a widespread problem? I can see Play Store being a widespread problem, but what gives with the slow wifi?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
See what happens if you change the security setting of the router (e.g, from WPA to WEP, or AES to TKIP). Also try temporarily turning off the router security.