Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why is my brightness taking up so much battery on my Samsung Galaxy S4?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and the battery drains way too fast. I looked up online how to keep it going more, but even with those tips, it still doesn't work. I went to Battery and checked what is draining the battery so much, and according to my phone, its the brightness. Please take a look:

94%??!!! That's insane, and that does not sound normal to me. I tried lowering the brightness, even to the lowest possible, and the percentage does not change at all. Why is the brightness taking up THAT much battery, and how do I fix it so it stops taking up that much?

Default Re: Why is my brightness taking up so much battery on my Samsung Galaxy S4?

Don't be too swayed by percentages, because screen time is almost always going to take up the most battery, and as such, will usually be the highest on the list of percentage use. This can actually be better than seeing Android OS or other processes at the top of the list, because that sometimes means there's some runaway process that's actually using a greater percentage of battery than the screen.

What's more important is how much battery life are you getting before you have to charge? Keep in mind that since screen usually uses the most battery, a reasonable amount of total screen-on time is anywhere from 4 to 6 hours, depending on the device and your usage pattern. Post your battery stats when you're battery's mostly discharged, and we'll see how that looks.

In the meantime, review this guide, if you haven't already: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...ving-tips.html

Default Re: Why is my brightness taking up so much battery on my Samsung Galaxy S4?

That screen shot gives almost no useful information about your actual battery usage. It looks like you're plugged into a USB port on a PC but you were using the phone before that. Its also only 11 seconds in time and it doesn't appear as if your phone has done anything in the last 11 seconds except display the battery usage. If the only thing the phone is doing is holding the display on it isn't a surprise that the screen will be using almost all of the battery. It's probably a good thing that there isn't something else that went on in the last 11 seconds that uses anywhere as much current as the screen.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

ROM
    MiRaGe *PurePerformance*

My screen brightness is set at 18% and over the day of usage it's right up there for battery usage stats.
    Failing to prepare, is like preparing to fail!