Music from phone to car.

Grawbad

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus currently. I also subscribe to Googles new streaming music.
I have been trying to figure out how to play the songs in my car. We have a 2012 Chevy Cruze.

I have always been able to play music by putting the actual songs in the music folder.

I thought maybe if I used the function that puts the songs on the phone I would be able to search them up that way, but no dice.

Does anybody know a workaround or a way that I can use the music off of the new streaming service in my car?

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, until there is an update in the car's software I don't think that will be possible. Pinning doesn't work because Google saves all the songs with weird numbered file names that other software can't deal with. It's not hopeless though. The good news is that I do think it is doable, as I have a third party app on my phone that can tap into and play my All Access library. It runs a scan on my All Access database and then streams the songs based on the URL address. But that's for streaming to a TV at home so not designed for a car. But until Chevy supports Google Music with an update, I think for now at least, you are going to be stuck using the phone app and the Aux jack to play your music. It's not too bad if you make a playlist of all the stuff you like ahead of time. But yeah, getting it on the car display and controls would be awesome.

Speaking of which, awesome choice on the car. Planning on gettting a Cruze myself!

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm not familiar with the stereo in the Chevy Cruze. If it supports bluetooth, you might be able to (if it supports streaming audio through it) or has an Aux in, you definitely can by connecting a 3.5mm cable to your tablet. After a bit of research, it seems the Cruze might have shipped with a few different stereo options, so unsure of what you have.

Grawbad

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hmm our cruise does have bluetooth but I haven't looked into that at all. I'm going to look into that tonight and see what I can figure out. I know the Bluetooth functionality is such that I can answer calls by the buttons on the steering wheel. If there's just a way to play through my speakers what my phone is playing that would be perfect. Does the Bluetooth function like that at all does anybody know.
I really don't mind if I have to use the phone for controlling it as long as I can get the music to the speakers in the car.

Posted via Android Central App

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Hmm our cruise does have bluetooth but I haven't looked into that at all. I'm going to look into that tonight and see what I can figure out. I know the Bluetooth functionality is such that I can answer calls by the buttons on the steering wheel. If there's just a way to play through my speakers what my phone is playing that would be perfect. Does the Bluetooth function like that at all does anybody know.
I really don't mind if I have to use the phone for controlling it as long as I can get the music to the speakers in the car.

Posted via Android Central App

OH, well if that's all you want than either Bluetooth or a $3 aux cable pluged into you aux jack will get you that. Have rented a number of cars including the Cruze and the cable is what I have always used. Works great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12