| || |
Looking to switch to Andriod...How easy is it to customize?
I don't have an Android now but my phone is on it is last legs and I'll be needing a new one in the next couple of weeks. I have been thinking about switching over to Andriod. I checked out my friend's Sony Android phone (running JellyBean) the other day and while I did like it overall, there were a few things I didn't like about it and am wondering how easy it is to customize an Android so I can change the things I don't like:
1) The lockscreen. To unlock it I had to swipe to bring up the keypad, then enter the password. After I entered the password I had to enter a pattern. On the lockscreen there was no option for SMS, camera, phone, music player etc. Couldn't even change the volume or put it on silent/vibrate. Is there a theme/app that will eliminate the swipe gesture, and allow me to have one method of unlocking instead of 2 (pattern alone vs BOTH pin and pattern) Also is there a way I can set it up so I can access things like my SMS without having to unlock?
2) The toggles. When I tried to turn on or off either the data or Wifi toggles I was prompted to enter a password. Is there any way to get rid of this and make so I don't need a password to turn them on/off?
3) Same with settings/email/Facebook. I was prompted to enter a password before these apps were opened. Like the toggles is there any way to turn this off?
4) I was unable to move the apps around on the home screens, uninstall apps from the app drawer, or add/remove another home screen. Is there a way I can set up my phone so I can do these things?
5) When there is a new SMS, email, facebook or other notification in the notification bar it just says new SMS/email/Facebook or whatever. It doesn't say who its from or the content. And there is no option for "quick reply". Is there any way to get this?
Thanks in advance for reading this post. Any help is appreciated. I did really like Android but I did find the above things really annoying. I have heard Android is really easy to customize and just want to make sure I can change the above things before I drop $ on a new phone so I don't end up hating it. Thanks again everyone!